Friday, August 19, 2005

Cold and rainy in the Capital

I figure because I am new to this, it would be ok to post twice in one day. Truth be told, it a cold, rainy miserable Friday here in the Capital. I really shouldn't complain because we have had one of the best weather summers in many years. It is just that I stopped a part time job I had and was hoping to enjoy the last tidbits of this beautiful summer, but as luck would have it, here I sit wrapped in a blanket wishing the pilot light on my fireplace was on so I could have that running. What happened? If I had continued my job would it have been a beautiful day? I may just have to make another trip South if this continues.

Yesterday was my Son's second birthday. On one hand I was so excited and happy that we had reached another milestone. But, that little part of me was sad that my baby is now a little boy. He is getting so grown up, more and more everyday he chatters on about his favorite toy or move or the trucks in the street. It feels like he is growing so fast that he will be a teenager before I know it and I will wonder where the time went. I am sure every parent goes through this turmoil, but I really don't want him to grow up so fast. Each and everyday is so great and they are all my favorite. Let's just hope he goes through the terrible two's all in one weekend or perhaps not at all.

Hopefully the weekend will bring better weather and a little bit of sunshine. I would love for my little boy to play in his new sandbox he got for his birthday!

1 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY!!!! It just keeps getting better and better and better....The Troops told me so!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home