Saturday, August 20, 2005

Today was the Party!

I don't think I thought it through properly. Planning a small party for a two year old is way more work than I was bargaining for. This was the first time I had more than just family for a birthday, so I think the pressure was on to make sure that everyone could mix well. Truth be told it was just family plus two more couples and one adorable 9 month old. I think I spent most of the day getting ready. My mistake was not cleaning my house during the week, thinking it was just going to get dirty again. Please don't get me wrong, one of favorite things in the whole world is planning a party, but once in a while I forget to do some of the work ahead of time. All was ready in the end and a few late comers made for some char-grilled ribs, but we had plenty of burgers, sausages and chicken to go around.

Hit of the party was the "Fisher Price" GeoTrax received from a friend. The boys could not keep their hands off the trains. And of course in full "Fisher Price" fashion all the train cars were attached with twist ties. Poor kids kept saying "Choo, choo train, open" over and over and over again until at last it was open and set up on the floor. The fun lasted a good hour and GeoTrax is now a big hit here at our house. Will be looking forward to adding on a few additional pieces at Christmas time.

A little chocolate cake and sugar cookies ended the evening. Thank goodness even with the sugar the kids still went to bed. The end of another party. More to come as birthday season has just started here at our house and thankfully it takes us up until Christmas time.

3 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

Ugh! Why does Fisher Price torment parents and kids alike with all that extraneous packaging? I'm sure it's easier to break into a bank vault than liberate a FP toy from it's cardboard box!

I'm glad the party went well. Sounds like just the right size for two years old. And as fellow train junkies, we'll keep the Geo Trax recommendation in mind!

xo Dani (and boys)

8:57 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Thanks Dani, it was fun, I can't even begin to imagine the parties getting bigger with all his friends in the future. I will have to start planning a year in advance I am sure.

And the Geo Trax is still a hit!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. plastic surgeons in irving tx sweet little tits Cotton stuffed toys bextra update Xxx big black tits Big naturals angela Peters cumshots videos air hockey Computer consultant consultant domain ltd oxford Grand tv and appliance nextel phone heating up http://www.chairs-8.info/Sarah-faucet-topless.html bike racks car hard tiny boobs Anime in lingerie

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home