Thursday, May 04, 2006

Oh the Excitement!

"J" and I are taking a trip!! We are packing our suitcases (which are sitting on hold at Winners as I type) and heading to Regina! Now, hold onto your hats, Regina may not be the most exciting stop on the World tour, but it does have 5 very important things. My Sister, Brother-in-Law, two Neices and a Nephew. This will be our first big trip without Hubby and it will be the longest Hubby and I have been apart since we have been together (that is 11 years, folks!) I hope we can make it.

I have been to Regina before, but never for this long. The good thing is that there is lots to do with kids. Due to their usually harsh winters and sometimes scorching summers, there are many places geared towards bringing your kids to get them out and about. I am very excited to see some of the places my sister has talked about as well as perhaps MooseJaw. I stopped there once on a bus ride to Banff, apparently they have some awesome hotsprings. Thank goodness, my sister just had a baby and I won't feel bad about being a little jiggly in a bathing suit. But, will be working on it starting today.

So May is turning out to be a very fun filled month for me, I only hope that June, July and August prove to be just as exciting!

And no luck with Opa yet, but am working on a second fall visit. The bug is planted.

6 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

How exciting! When are you going????

7:36 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

When are you leaving and for how long will you be there?

I have been to Regina many times. We have family there. There is plenty to do, you will have a fantastic time.

Will you please say hello to my aunt & uncle for me?

9:09 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Yeah Anna! Road trip! How fun for the two of you.

I've never been to Regina so will need some pics on your return.

Now, isn't Regina like halfway to Vancouver or somnething? (planting the seed for your next road trip ;)

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Sound like fun!

9:56 AM  
Blogger T said...

Wow the big happening city of Regina! And Moosejaw too? How will you stand all that excitement! It's so funny that in Canada Regina is a big city. In the states it would be considered a big town. My daughter is going on an exchange trip to Manitoba. When they came here they went to Ottawa to see the museums and Parliment, Quebec for sightseeing and to a sugar shack, etc. In Manitoba they are going to see firemen and a snake place. Not much happening in the very flat middle of our country. Sometimes that's nice though. Enjoy your trip and your visit with family. Hope your husband misses you terribly!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home