Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Opa's coming in two days!

When I asked "J" to make a silly face, that is what he did. Not so silly, just cute as can be.

Hubby's Dad lives in Vancouver. We only get to see him once a year, twice if something fun comes up. Opa is German, born in Germany and immigrated to Canada when he was 11. He never taught Hubby how to speak German, but it is great to hear him speak it. We are getting ready here because Thursday is arrival day. I bring in all his favorite foods, drinks, pillows anything he asks for. I turn the heat down and buy the good coffee. We have been counting down his arrival on our kitchen chalk board for 65 days. If Opa would come for longer we would build him an Opa suite in our basement. I love this man. I am only sorry he decided to retire in Vancouver. Maybe this year I can convince him to move back... probobly not, but maybe I can convince him to come back before the snow flies in the fall.

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

You do take great Pictures! And it si a cute face. I'm soo gla dyou get along with your FIL I don't. We tolerate each other. I bet I would like him better IF he lived in Vancover or I did!

have a great time with him.

Hugs

8:05 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

That's a great pic - new camera??

What fun that you are all so excited and looking forward to a special visit. Sadly, I am more like SCM, where my FIL and I seem to tolerate each other.

8:44 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

How exciting! Enjoy your visit. What a great pic too!

9:10 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Great pic! Have a fun visit with your FIL. I'm like SCM and nancy, tolerance is what our relationship is like too :(

Maybe you could go visit Opa in Vancouver with "J", that would be fun too!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger T said...

It's nice when family visits and it's a good lesson for your son that you love your father in law so much. Counting down 65 days! I think J is going to cherish his memories of his Opa.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home