Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Part Deux

For the second half of Easter, we went to the Experimental Farm. We went last year and although "J" loved it, he loved it twice as much this year. He is really into cows and pigs so seeing them in person was a big treat.






"J" still doesn't get the whole Easter Bunny thing, but he was more than happy to eat lots of the chocolate that has been left lying around. It will be very hard to wean him off the chocolate over the next week or so. Weaning Hubby will be just as hard.






All the babies were out in full bloom and we had to ask a question to one of the ladies working at the farm. None of us had the answer, which was bad, because "A" came too and he is still in school. Hubby has also always wanted to work on a farm so he should have known the answer. So, we asked, "What is the difference between lamb and sheep". I thought it was that the lamb was the baby and the sheep was plural, but it didn't entirely make sense to me. I was halfway right. A lamb is a baby, an ewe is the Mom and the ram is the Dad. Sheep is the whole family!

A great time was had by all, "J" keeps asking if we are going again this week, but he wants to bring his Auntie and his cousin "J2". "A" wants to go back because he didn't bring his camera and he realized that it was a great photo opportunity. And Hubby wants to go back so he can pretend that he is really on a farm.

Another update on my experiment, we are done for now, now we just wait. But, after my trigger shot on Saturday, I was so happy when I got on the scale Sunday morning to see that I had triggered 7lbs to come out overnight! Ack!! I tried so hard, but alas, there is nothing to do. I had pretty sore ovaries yesterday and although they do feel better today, they are still tender. On the good side, no more drugs and on the bad side, we have to wait, and wait, and wait... two weeks can seem like forever when you are waiting for good news. Hopefully the trigger will wear off in a few days and I can work on reducing the weight.

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Keeping fingers Crossed We have to get together this week.
and Glad you had a blast at the farm. I could have answered those questions.LOL!

Hugs

9:30 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Sounds like you had a great time on the farm.

10:15 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Fingers and toes and everything crossed for you.

Glad your Easter was such a great time!

1:37 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I actually asked that same question a few years back! Also pertains to the chickens: Pa Rooster, Ma hen and baby chicks. And others I'm sure.

Sending my most heartfelt positive vibes your way.

11:39 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

OOOoohhhhh what fun at the farm!!! Also ready to ride along the 2ww. Hugs!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home