Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The little helper

I know I have referred to my son as my own personal slave, but this is a bit different. As I wasn't even there. I dropped "J" off at Grandma's house yesterday morning so I could get a little work done. My sister went over with "J2" so they could play.

I have always been a bit of a Mama's girl, hanging around the adults, helping out, not always playing with the other kids. It was mostly due to my extreme shyness, but sometimes it was just because I wanted to help, feel needed. I dodn't want my son to turn out exactly like me. I kinda want him to be able to go out and play with other kids and not hang around my ankles all the time.

I guess in my absense yesterday, "J" decided that he was to help everybody. He was helping his Aunt feed baby "A" (not that he could really help, but he kept offering), change her and keep her happy. With a little sprinkling of play time with his cousin. Then, they went to the park. Apparently he was having lots of fun going down the slides and having his Grandma catch him at the bottom, until he decided that he had had enough sliding. "J" decided he would be the one to catch his cousin coming down the slide. Standing at the bottom of the slide yelling "don't worry I'll catch you!".

It makes my heart happy to see (or hear) that my son is so helpful and kind. I don't always get to see it when I am around because of course he acts a little differently when Mom is there. I just hope that he doesn't get as shy as I did and can get out there and play with the other kids as well as sprinkling a bit of a helping hand when it is needed.

4 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

That is so great - he's gonna be one of those lanky boys who helped me!! In about 13 years....

8:34 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

You and I have the same sort of Kids. It think it's a peronalaity thing. Nathan after years of trying to get him to be socail I realize is a Introvert. Nothing I can do mmuch to change that. He's happy with one or two to play with And when he wants to be alone, nothing can make him play.

And he LOVES to help. I have to fight him for the vaccum, or the mop, or the duster. He loves to help make supper.AND yes I let him use a knife to cut up sofe veggies. Otherwise he is driving me nuts.

BE proud for sure. Can't get any better than a boy who loves to help.

8:45 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

definite reason to be proud Anna! those are great traits your son has!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Wholesale burberry handbags baseball high hoover school baseball web background Furniture warehousequeens ny

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home