Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April Showers

Bring those flowers, that bloom in May.

And I only wish I had been able to get a full garden planted last fall. I love seeing flowers start to come to life after a long (or mild) winter. My favorite Spring rain is the kind we are having today. Big plentiful drops that clean away a lot of the winter grime and is just warm enough that the grass starts turning a better shade of green. I know we are supposed to maybe get a little tiny bit of snow, but I am hoping that the weather man was wrong last night. I don't want to have to pull any winter stuff back out. I have slowly been washing the jackets and putting everything away for another spring, summer and fall.

Another of my favorite things is the colour of green in May. I love the colour or new leaves, freshly sprung out of their branches. The first green of the year is fresh and new, it hasn't been beaten by the summer sun, dry winds or summer thunderstorms. All of which are good, but it is nice to see the beauty of the first green, untarnished.

I welcome the April showers. A little messy for a day or two, but I say bring it on, the beauty that is unveiled is worth every drop.

edited to add: Of course the weatherman was right and a mere two hours later those warm drops of rain have turned to wet snow. Hopefully it will be over soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Good Things I Find said...

I did get a few bulbs planted last fall. I also love to watch the new growth sprout up through the garden floor.

9:45 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I did my garden tour/inspection over the week-end, noting mentally little jobs that will be needed here and there and surprised to see bulbs sprouting through in areas I had totally forgotten I had planted them ;)

As for the weather, my kids were downright upset to see the snow this morning :(

11:04 AM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

I had to scrape the truck this morning....I didn't do that all winter. A garage is a wonderful thing. I can't fit the truck in anymore because all of the spring and summer toys are crowding the door until the snow is gone and we can really play in the yard and not just the drive way.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

YUP> snowing here too and covering the ground but I know it will be gone the next time the sun comes out. Just a little set back.

Warm Hugs Anna!

1:23 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

We're supposed to get some snow later in the week too. Ulgh. Stay warm!

1:30 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I went and had my snowtires taken off today. And on the way home, it snowed.

Sigh.

But spring will be here eventually.

7:58 PM  
Blogger T said...

snow... yup. And it stayed. It's a winter wonderland here. Haul out the Christmas carols.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home