Monday, March 27, 2006

Not so stellar

After last week's 4lb loss and feeling great, this week hasn't lived up to week #2 expectations. Although I followed carefully and continued with my greens and fruit, I did cheat a couple of times and had a couple of handfuls of jelly beans. Who knew that a few little beans of sugar would affect my whole week!! Ack. I have nothing extra to report as loss this week. So sad really.

But, I do have to say that I added a few more walks compared to the week before. And it should account for a little something extra on the excercise scale when you have to scrub your dogs after your walk. And no, I don't mean my feet. I mean my furry dogs. I thought it would be safe to take them with me, the roads looked dry. Apparently as the day goes on the sun gets stronger and the snowbanks melt. I took the bike path to my sisters, stopped for coffee, and headed home an hour later. The snowbanks were melting so fast, my dogs were covered in water and winter muck. "J" was even getting upset that he was getting sprayed in the face by Cosmo (the one with the longer fur, and the one who walks closest to the stroller).

Alas, my extra excercise did not help with a net loss of weight this week. Oh well, that's ok. I still ate healthier, and excercised more. That is the point to becoming a more healthier You. Will continue on the path, and hopefully with the warm temperatures forecasted this week and the fact that we put our chairs in our now almost snow free backyard, a little more outside air and excercise will net a bigger loss for next week.

7 Comments:

Blogger Northern Mom said...

Remember that muscle weighs more than fat!
Keep on the right path. My turn is coming
Northern Mom

8:27 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Yesh Like she said. You toning up with muscule! YOU GO GIRL!

I haven't lost a pound yet but I am moving more.

Gotta get to curves.

8:32 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Ditto above about the muscle! And at least you didn't gain! Keep going!

3:53 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Don't use the scale as the indicator to your success. Use how you FEEL, how your clothes fit, how you look at yourself. You can only do your best (within reason) and I also disagree with depriving ourselves of our little treats I.e. hurrah for jelly beans!)

You're doing great Anna!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: treats.
For me it has to be total deprivation. It's harder if I eat little bits here and there, easier if I eleminate the stuff completely.

Walking is the only exercise I get nowadays. It really helped me after my youngest was born. I was speedwalking for about 20-25 minutes every night. And now that the weather is a little better I'm hoping to squeeze in walks more often.

8:53 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

Gotta agree with nancy, the scale is just one indicator, eating healthier and exercising have non-tangible benefits like better bloodflow to your brain so you think more clearly, lucidly and are re-energized, accomplish more plus the healthier you will get stronger and increase your longevity.

Proud of you and am right along with you doing the same...at least you have an excuse for your recent weight gain, mine is just sheer laziness and overindulgence ;)

And there is no way in hell I can totally deprive myself from little treats, like a great piece of chocolate, all in moderation of course. Those little treats are what makes life fun!!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! See photos of 1999 gmc pick-up trucks lamborghini door conversion kits for camaros

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home