Monday, March 20, 2006

Week One

The first week of "Operation Healthier Me" went very well. I lost 4lbs and feel I could or should have lost more, but things kind of fell apart on the weekend.

Friday, a girlfriend came for lunch and brought Strawberries. Strawberries alone were perfect, but she added some homemade chocolate crepes and Devon custard to the mix. Yikes! Add to that a dinner at "Swiss Chalet" (with salad instead of fries) and Friday was out the window. Saturday got off to a great start, but took a small nosedive when we ordered pizza for dinner. I like my pizza vegeterian with half the cheese, but still, three pieces later and I was feeling badly. Sunday was pretty good, but I think I will be back on track today for sure.

As for my excercise, I haven't lived up to my expectations. I managed two walks (each an hour in legnth) in the freezing North wind. It looked so beautiful out with the sun shining, but the wind just about killed us. And I didn't manage the bike at all. So this week, I hope to up my excercise. I have to get past the cold in the basement to actually get on the bike, then I will be home free. Once you start riding you warm up, right??

All in all I feel this was a good start, and hope to improve this week and see the numbers continue to fall. I am aiming for a healthy loss of 2-3 lbs each week, but was hoping for a good kick start from the first week. I feel better already, just adding in all the good fruit and salads again.

4 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Great start! Maybe you'll inspire me to get me tushie in gear too. Keep up the good work!

7:39 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

FOUR pounds?? How the hell did you do that? I did my first two walk/jog sessions and somehow I gaines 2 pounds. I am gonna try to not make it about the weight, but more how I feel.

Do you think a weekend of wine and junk food helped me at all?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Yeah What Nancy said?

I haven't goneout and joined curves yet. Nathan witht he "Runs" has not helped. Although I stocked up on helathy food for the house and NO Chips. It was a good start.

Damn this slow metablosim. I want to focus on how I look in the mirror, Toned instead of flabby not the number on the scale.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it http://www.hgh-weight-loss.info/Free-ionamin-forte.html videos webcams gratis ativan wireless card antenna laptops Spare parts for air conditioning humidifiers Advantages of laptops authorized resellers apple laptops company moving portland Smoking hot asian Nebraska bextra attorney Old car insurance Laptop warranty plans Info on evista http://www.pfizerbextra.info Laser hair removal seattle washington refurbished laptop Italian bikinis Pda apps

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home