Monday, November 06, 2006

This, that and the other thing...

Novel is going well, I am at 10,000 words! Can you believe it?? Jo(e) suggested I post an excerpt here and there to let you see into the life of my novel, but I am a bit nervous. Her idea is so great, but the only thing keeping me going so far is that I know nobody else is reading what I write. And I am not even sure I want anybody to read it when it's done, not without some editing at least.

More snow came and went this weekend. I seem to go in and out of the holiday spirit when that happens. And poor J keeps thinking it's Christmas already. I don't know how I can keep him from thinking it is Christmas everyday.

Over at Ann's blog she posted about this new great blog called Kiddley, it showcases stuff for kids. It is so great that I had to highlight it here too for the one or two of you that might not catch it over at Ann's blog. Ann finds the coolest stuff sometimes. There is a Lego Advent Calendar in the Kiddley Links section. I really want to see if I can get this for J, he would just love it to pieces, so far not available in Canada, but they do ship to the States.

I was actually thinking of making my own Advent Calendar, but this one would be such a hit, I may have to find one.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday, it looks like the sun is going to peek through. Perhaps with the extra rain and clouds we had throughout September and October, November won't be our gloomiest month of the year this year! Here's hoping :)

4 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

10 000 words!! That is fantastic! I'll read it, please!

I caved and bought (TWO of course) of the Playmobil Advent calendars. I had never heard of them till this year. I can't wait. Must be the same as lego.

Thanx for the optimism, gloomy here yesterday and today. One can only hope.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10,000 words? You go girl! My goodness! I knew you could do it!

And I would love to see part of your novel if you ever feel like sharing.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish it would snow a little bit over here. It's still so hot!

Thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to check that out!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the novel progress. I think that is an incredible venture and I wish you all the best.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home