Thursday, November 29, 2007

How expensive is a bag of milk?

When you add in the car repairs from Hubby getting side swiped. Very, very expensive.

I could take the blame because I forgot to get milk today when I was out. But, actually going out these days is becoming so difficult that I am lucky to make it home at all. And no, it isn't only Apple. J too is now adding fuel to the fire of going out in the car. Even though Apple has been much much better she still has her moments. But, J, my faithful traveler never wants to go out anymore. Even though I have explained that it is Christmas and we are doing things for others, nope he does not want to go anywhere. Argh.

So, I forgot milk. Dinner was ready and Hubby got home. J ran to tell him we forgot milk so he decided to go. I actually pleaded for him not to go and I would go after supper. But, he really really wanted his milk with supper so off he went. The snow started coming down really hard and Hubby pulled out of the grocery store, thinking he had lots of room. Which he did, if the roads were dry. He fishtailed (this is not making me feel good about the new car/truck) and spun sideways, with nothing he could do the guy that was coming around the corner slid into him. Hit mostly the back passenger door, with a small ding in the drivers door and the back hubcap. Nice.

Hubby actually said it didn't make him feel good to not have control and that left me feeling less confident about our new purchase too. If he had been driving the actual car with the stick shift he could have braked and shifted his way out of the spin, but in this case, there was no shifting, just the locking of the brakes and the automatic switch into AWD. I guess I have more reasons not to go out in the snowy weather now.

Ahhh... off I go to pour a glass of milk.

edited to add: Yes, Hubby was not hurt it was just a minor accident. So minor none of the side airbags deployed. I am just thankful it is only a few irritating dings, but had to make light of the situation by posting about it. It took Hubby longer to get to the police station in the bad weather than it did to get the milk. They got there just in time though because the line up behind them was ridiculous. And I was also thankful that the guy that hit Hubby was a nice friendly guy. The two of them had a little too much in common, it is scary.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! that's so terrible.

at least he's ok (and you got your milk! lol!)

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW: I hope the dammage is minor. I'm really sorry. it's unfortunate...

9:05 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Crummy! Winter driving is for the birds... my ABS saved me from rear ending someone tonight on the icy roads. I was going too fast so I was lucky!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The vehicle can be replaced...hubby can't. Glad he wasn't hurt!!

Barb

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that he didn't get hurt! Boy, after all that, I bet the milk tasted really good!

Kailani
An Island Life

12:45 AM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Thanks for adding the "edited to add" bit. I'm glad all seems to work out - these things happen, unfortunately.

Heidi

9:54 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Glad to hear he is okay. We just bought a new van, an automatic. It is my first automatic vehicle ever and I am nervous about it too. I love (and miss) the control of a standard. And BTW, my guys don't like leaving the house either. We have to make up all these fancy stories about how much fun the Superstore will be in order to get out and do groceries (especially since they stopped giving out cookies, dam them!)

10:36 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

Dude, that so blows! I am so sorry. The luck, I tell ya!

Yes, the little things always add up to the bigger things. If it weren't for......

Glad everyone is physically ok. :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes, Thanks for reminding me why I moved out of the snow. sorry about the damages...

12:12 PM  
Blogger reddirtroad said...

Oh, that's really crappy. Glad that Hubby is okay though.

2:29 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Phew!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Sorry to hear about that. What a mess. I love snow but it's been crazy so far this year. I got my GOOD snow tires on but still I have to be carful.

Hugs to you and hubby.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he's okay - it's tough driving in the snow. I find it hard to get used to the anti-skid control on the van, after compensating for a skidding vehicle all these years. It just doesn't go where I expect it to. Another winner of a driving day today, too. ;)

1:49 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

glad to hear he's all right

I just got rear ended the other day, nothing major, but still an inconvenience in getting it all sorted out

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home