Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My newest piece of equipment

We caved in this Sunday and purchased a double stroller. We opted for the Baby Jogger Q model in red for one and one reason only. It was cheap or should I say inexpensive. We were going to wait until the Spring and try to get a Chariot. And I say try because new they are almost eight hundred dollars so we were going to try to get a used one. But to get a used double around here especially in the Chariot's is next to impossible.

Our purchase came after I took a trip to the store to have my everyday stroller looked at as the wheels weren't turning properly. And while I waited J was so tired he asked to sit in the stroller that was set up. I saw the Baby Jogger and told him to try that one out as I was curious if he would fit. And he did!

Our single jogger has done and is still doing us well for Apple but, Hubby took J for a run two weeks ago and it was apparently not so comfy for him anymore with his knees up at his chin. And I just couldn't take it anymore, not being able to pile the kids in the stroller in the afternoons (especially because we are again having wonderful weather) and take them and the dogs for a walk. There is no way I wanted to go for a walk with our two big dogs who could pull a sled, J walking and Apple yelling in the stroller. Not to mention, I want exercise, not a leisurely stroll.

Let's just call it Christmas coming early, double joggers aren't half price too often around here and if J really doesn't use it next summer we can sell it for what we paid or close to it considering the sale price.

Yeee Haw!

p.s. thanks for the tips, I am thinking about the guys some more and realized that both do have laptops so I may opt for sleeves for them too. Or I may try another suggestion. Will let you know what the final products are.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Yay for the stroller! I didn't have a jogger until last year when Kamden was 2... I hummed and hawed but it came down to the fact that I can get some serious exercise with him in the stroller. And I have more than gotten my money's worth out of it.

Enjoy!

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a really good deal on the stroller! Half price is always good!

2:27 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

Wow, way to go! We have the double jogger/chariot from MEC---good price and converts with a nice big tire for jogging. Love it!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home