Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nine Weeks

Today we hit our nine week mark. And I still can't believe it has only been nine weeks. At nine weeks pregnant I was feeling very ill and still nervous about losing another baby. And now here we are laughing and playing and having lots of fun.

J has also really changed towards Apple. He loves that he can make her laugh. He takes care of her (most of the time) in the back seat when she is really unhappy. And most of all he seems to have taken on the duty of the dogs. He lets them out, gets them treats and feeds them. I only hope this continues as he gets older and can start taking them for walks.
My girlfriend dropped this playmat off for Apple on Sunday. And as much as J did not like playmats, Apple loves them. She lay there for at least a half an hour on Sunday, another half an hour last night and she did it again tonight. It arrived at just the right moment in her development. She is starting to knock the dangling things in her playpen so this was like candy for her. Lots of danglies (not a word I am sure) to enjoy and play with . She is also trying to grab things lately so I am sure she will be grabbing onto them all in no time flat. Thanks Northern Mom just the right time for you to stop by.

Today was another gorgeous Fall day. Hubby had to go to the dentist this morning and I had to drive him. I was thinking I would cruise the stores in the little mall while he was being taken care of, not realizing that most stores opened at 9 or 10am. His appointment was at 8:30am. I sat in the car for a few minutes with a sleeping Apple wondering what on earth I was going to do. Duh. Go for a walk.

I could not believe that I sat there wondering what to do when there was this perfectly beautiful day waiting for us. I was only disappointed I did not have my camera with me. We took a path that led through the forest, where most of the leaves have dropped, once we reached the creek we turned around and headed back. I did take photos with my phone, but have no idea how to get them out and into the computer. If I do ever figure it out I will post them. Anyhow, a half hour later with flushed cheeks and feeling refreshed from the Fall sun and crisp air we picked up Hubby and dropped him off for work.

With the forecast of rain and possible snow tonight I was so thankful we took that walk. Not that we won't have the opportunity to do it again with beautiful days, it is just that our beautiful days will be a little whiter and different in nature.

With the forecast of snow, I am feeling itchy about Christmas. It will be here before I know it. Did I mention I am hosting Christmas Dinner this year? It is a first in our family. My Mom is the only one to ever make Christmas Dinner. Not that there is any pressure or anything.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! She's just at the age when she can entertain herself for ten whole minutes!! Both girls -- Makenna especially -- I had on a circuit. Bouncy seat, floor gym, swing, my arms...

Apple looks a little bit like J, huh?

9:30 PM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

I'm so glad that she likes it!
Jo loved it and when she could sit she loved grabbing at the danglies that way too!
It was awesome to see everyone
Barb

10:45 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I loved this stage, when everything is so new to them.
FUN!

I agree with LVgurl, J and Apple definitely look like siblings :-)

Both adorable!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

We went for a fabulous walk yesterday too in the forest. So nice and refreshing!

You'll do great for Christmas. And I'm sure your mom will be happy to lend a hand if you need one! :)

Heidi

4:08 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

look at tath little Apple, she sure is pumpling up nicely!

how fun too that you got to see Northern Mom.

hugs

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home