Friday, November 02, 2007

A Much Better Morning

Apple was back to her usual sunny self this morning and thanks to my other new Apple I have no excuses for not posting a photo. The night went pretty well. She did not wake up until 12:30 the first time. And although I was terrified to hurt her when I picked her up I knew she was hungry. I did it as gently as possible but, when I heard her giggling at me in the darkness of her room, I knew she was doing alright. She slept until 7:30 this morning (as did I, hurray!) as J had a day off school.
J, who knows more about computers than his Grandparents, loves playing with photo booth thing. I could now make a self-portrait book for him with all the funky photos he has been taking.

For those of you who are newer to my blog I should explain my novel. Last October Chichimama mentioned the NaNoWriMo on her blog. I had always wanted to write a novel and earlier that summer I had started to research how to do it and had actually drawn up a few character sketches. Then I heard about NaNoWriMo and figured I needed something to get me through the month of November when I was doing my fertility drugs in preparation for IVF which resulted in Apple. So, I took the challenge. And finished.

I couldn't believe I had finished it as it was a huge undertaking for me 50,000 words in one month with J at home, etc. The novel is terrible, I will be the first to admit it, but I started to rewrite it last Spring. Well, pregnancy got in the way and I put it aside. While on vacation at our favourite beach last summer I was completely inspired once again. The one vacation we didn't bring our computer I had to buy a notebook and write by hand. The characters changed and developed while I sat on the porch every morning and drank my coffee. I have not finished the rewrite, but I think about my characters often and jot things down. When things do settle down around here again I hope to finish what I started so I could at least pass it around to be read.

This year I really wanted to try to pen (or type) another novel and make it a bit different than the last one but, I really and truly do not have the time. Or I guess I have the time, but I would have to ignore my need for physical fitness and that wouldn't be good for me at all. So instead I have chosen to come and write here everyday. Although I do try to anyway, I don't usually write on the weekends, so this will be a challenge in itself to make me write something fun every single day.

Tomorrow we are taking a field trip so hopefully there will be a more exciting post ahead.


edited to add:
A photo of my new haircut! I actually had time to dry it this morning.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Family Adventure said...

Cute pix!

My husband is writing a novel, too, but he's got severe writer's block at only 25,000 words. I'll have to tell him that you wrote 50,000 words in a month. Or maybe not. Somehow I don't think it'll help :)

Good luck working on it!

Heidi

12:17 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

That's dedication - a notebook and pen! My handwriting is so terrible these days I get cramps - I don't think I'd be able to read what I wrote longhand!
Writing a novel, that's an exciting project, good luck with that!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I did a double take at that photo of J, how unique!

I can't even handwrite a short note to school without getting a cramp so that's impressive that you wrote a book - literally - by hand.


I look forward to your daily posts:-)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! So many authors I know do the handwritten segment first, then elaborate during the rewrite of typing it into the computer. there are 2 different thought processes--plus it shows you have great follow through!
I'm on my third novel, about 50,000 words in, another 35k to go. Oh and don't you hate the NanoWriMo cheaters who copy song lyrics and long monologues from books...so unfair.
cute hair btw

2:59 PM  
Blogger Kellan said...

I have 5 novels - none ever published - but I keep writing away. Maybe one day - we never know, do we. Keep at it! I love the pictures - have a great weekend! See ya.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

The photo of you is lovely--great hair. I'm not sure you need to be focusing on a novel right now, when kids and sleep are the overwhelming priority. There's time in a year or two!

1:48 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

wow, you just keep getting prettier

good luck with your novel...I still have your first draft in a folder, started reading it at one point and keep meaning to go back to it...so little time, so much to do

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home