Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saunders Farm

Saunders Farm is a must see for children and adults of all ages. Hubby took the afternoon off on Friday and we had a blast, it was a great day weatherwise too. We had not been in a few years as A had gotten too old and J was not old enough. As long as you go during the daytime with younger kids, then it is perfect for them.
Truth be told, Saunders wasn't actually open yesterday afternoon, but we didn't know that until we got home. I bought our tickets at the local grocery store in order to save a few dollars. And when we got there we thought it was strange that no one took our tickets, but onward we went. J and Hubby were having a great time. And Apple and I were taking photos (125 of them!) so we thought nothing of it. We did find it a bit strange that none of the canteens were open and the store, but figured they didn't open them for the bus loads of kids that were coming from the schools. And there were a few other small families, but nothing like the weekends, which we were trying to avoid, that and it rained all day today. After we got home and I was checking out the website, that was when I realized it wasn't actually open. We had a boatload of fun anyway.
The Farm is actually a working farm and it all started with a few mazes and some pumpkins when A was a young child. Now it is a full blown day of fun. There are more mazes, a stage for plays, a storytime corner, a children under 8 section with wooden structures to play on. There is a couple of discovery houses, more playstructures for all ages, an apple and corn toss, a mini-putt and in the warmer weather a water park. I am most likely missing a few things, but all in all it was a great time. I am just happy we were too hungry to wait and ate at Rotten Ronnies first because we would have been eating fruit snacks for lunch and nothing was open.
And before you even ask, nope no photos were taken of me. I should have taken some self-portraits, but as Apple woke up right at the end and we did a fast escape I totally forgot. But, I got lots of J having fun as well as a few 'artistic' ones for my pleasure. I did load a bunch to flickr, feel free to check them out.
And WOW are we having another great Fall weatherwise or what? If every Fall was like this, I would be one happy camper.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your family had a great time! And isn't it always the case that there's never photo of us Mommies?

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I like this time of year now that I have a kid, Halloween, pumpkins, having family time..it's all great! Love the action pic!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the first and the last pictures!

I bet you had the place to yourselves which I always find preferable :-)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Wow, I just love the idea of being there when it's not actually open. You should do that every year. Especially with little kids, who tend to get pushed over when there's a crowd.

The pix are great - and you know, it's the same for all mommies. Never any pictures. I'm OK with it. :)

- Heidi

3:38 AM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

I so love your photos ... and sadly, I too,like Heidi, am usually the one behind the camera. Hence anytime you see a pic of me I'm usually laughing hysterically because I had to take it myself. And for some reason I always find that hysterically funny.
That's great that the farm wasn't actually open! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
K

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhh! What lovely photos!!! You've got such a beautiful family!

I love this time of the year!

10:25 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

Amazing photos, sounds like an awesome day! Wish your weather would head this way!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. we were there on Saturday. No pics of me either. I can't say that I mind too much!

p.s. you and I have a lot of the same shots. Great minds think alike huh? :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Chantal said...

I love that you were there when it wasn't open. I find their hours to be a bit awkward. I know when I was at home on Mat leave I drove out there one time and it was closed, although they had the gates locked and we couldn't get it (it was a few years ago). Glad you had a good time. It is a great place for all ages.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I hate getting my photo taken, always like to hide behind the camera but when I think that in the future there will hardly be an photos to remember me by...

9:51 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

Love the pumpkin picture!

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home