Monday, October 15, 2007

Enough already

I can't stop thinking about Officer Olaf* but, alas I will pay the fine and let it go. Now, of course, I am slowing down even more thanks to getting pulled over that one time. The last thing I need is another ticket. Argh. If only he parked outside J's school every morning and caught all the bozo's running the stop signs and burning rubber while small children are trying to get to class. Instead he sits on a stretch of road where the speed drops down for no apparent reason, except maybe that there is a mall that is almost empty there. Anyhow, I digress, I will let it go. Now.

Onward.
These photos have nothing to do with my post today, but I shot them on Friday and love them to bits, so I thought I would share with you.

We had a great weekend, lots of rest for me, which was totally needed and Hubby was a trooper taking care of Apple even when she was screaming at him, so I could have a long shower. Then, I actually got two extra hours of sleep yesterday morning while Apple laughed and giggled with J and her Dad. It was a sweet two hours let me tell you.

J has been into making movies lately with his Lego. This weekend he made his second movie which is even better than his first. Now if I ever figure out how to download the movies to my computer from the camera I will post a snippet here. They are very, very cute.

Since I am always on a search for the perfect Mascara and since the Prescriptives one I tried last did not work out (left my lashes very straight instead of curly and made them look short instead of long) I wanted to ask you, my readers, what is your favourite mascara? Some of you did post the ones you used in the comments last time I posted, but I have a few new readers out there since I last posted about mascara (Hi and welcome to Kellan Rhodes, Family Adventure, Kami) and want to see what everyone is using. I may just have to go out and make multiple purchases to try them all. For now, I am sticking with my Clinique Lash Curling Mascara until such time that I find a suitable replacement.

I want to write an article, so I thought I would poll my oh so trendy and knowledgeable readers to see if you guys are similar to me or if there is something in this make-up world that I am missing. Feel free to play along if you like If you only had one make-up product to use everyday, what would it be? (for example: I cannot live without mascara because without it I look very tired).

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pics! And I have to see your Lego movie, so please get on it already. :)

If I could only have one make-up product it would have to be lipgloss. I can't live without it. Or mascara. I can't live without that either.

BTW, I just bought XXL by Maybelline. It makes lashes very long (but not curly) and I've been liking it very much. It's a two-step process. I am pretty happy with the results.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Hi back at you! Thanks for the shout out :-)

I am so wishy washy with my makeup selections and have yet to find the perfect mascara. I try a new kind from the drugstore everytime and use it but don't ever feel like I have acheived what I want. Of course when my eyelashes are almost nonexistent I guess that's to be expected.

Lots of people like Mac but I have never tried their lines. Can't get it here anyway.

I'll be waiting to hear from your readers on this topic.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

De-lurking to say those photos are the cutest I have seen in a long time. Wow!

And I can't live without my eye liner, it is usually the only makeup I wear. I am thinking a good lip gloss wouldn't hurt though, I am getting a bit older and I find myself feeling like I could use a bit more sprucing up.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kellan said...

Hi from me too! I've often said, "If I'm ever on survivor and there is only one personal item I can take with me - it'd have to be a pair of sunglasses," and I know this is not make-up - but ... either sunglasses or mouse (get that flat hair UP). I'm an 'everyday make-up wearer", and I can't even go out of the house without it on (I know - pathetic) - but if I had to pick one thing I guess it would have to be mascara as well or lipstick. See ya.

12:27 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I actually love the Neutrogena Lash Tint.

My pressed powder. So love my pressed powder.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Since I discovered Cover FX foundation, I have to have it on everyday. That and eyeliner. But that's cheating.
LOVE the photos - your kids are so darn CUTE!

10:38 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

cute patoots!!!

love the photos. :)

lip gloss? cause I never wear anything and if I did, it would be lip gloss.

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me it's foundation. That's all I usually wear on a daily basis.

1:58 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ohgosh i'm a supermarket maybelline mascara girl. the one in the lime green/pink tube.
i tend to wear *no make up* at all, except for a little mascara when i'm feeling really speshal lol.
oh, that's if you don't count chap stick. my lips are *really* dry at the mo.....
oh, i did pick up a black mascara at sephora in paris LAST JULY. i know. it's too old. but i can't bring myself to throw that memory away X

2:09 AM  
Blogger Family Adventure said...

Hi, and thanks for the intro!

OK, your kids are the CUTEST. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Forget about Olaf, he is only looking to fill his quota of fines, he is not actually trying to make the world a safer place (sorry was that cynical...?).

For mascara I am no help whatsoever. Makeup is not my forte. I just use whatever I picked up the last time I was travelling. I do seem to use a lot of Clinique, though, and think I might be using a Clinique mascara at the moment.

I will check in with you later, to see what brilliant advice you got :)

- Heidi

6:56 AM  
Blogger aandjblog said...

For Mascara: I do enjoy all of Avon's mascara's. They last a couple of months and you can get them pretty cheap.

For Makeup: lip gloss. Something like the Nivea brand, is a MUST and has to be with me at all times.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Mascara...
And I use either Revlon or Lancomme...
Bith make great mascara....

2:55 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

Did you ever try the Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara? I love it- non clumpy, lengthening in a natural way.

The product I can't live without is concealer. 2nd would be my eye-lash curler.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home