Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Is is really Fall?

It sure doesn't feel like it. For many reasons. First being that we are expecting a record high temperature today at 30C (85F) if that doesn't make you feel like summer, I am not sure what would. The second being that with all the visits and the new Baby, I feel like Summer should just keep on keeping on. But, alas, the evening temperatures and the Fall colours are making it all seem a little more real than I would like. Our nights are pretty chilly, the pool is no longer in use because it gets too cold (unless you are a polar bear) much to J's dismay. And the leaves on the trees are starting to turn into their beautiful Fall colours of red, yellows and pale greens. Even the sky is back to a pale blue instead of the deep summer blue we have been enjoying.

I guess I just have to admit that it is time to let go of Summer. Now if only I could fit into my favourite Fall clothes, I would be as happy as a clam.

Our time of visiting is coming to an end. With the wonderful surprise visit from Eldest Sister and Baby Neice, it was a busy five days. Dinners, dinners, lunches and more dinners. Shopping included in there too. The time was too short, but just perfect at the same time. How could I complain with a visit that wasn't planned? I really can't. And... to top it off she had another surprise for us... she is expecting another baby! That will make number four in their household and the end of the baby road (or so they say) for them. But, we are all thrilled and Hubby and I only dream that we could have a few more. We will have to see what time brings us and whether or not I want any more drugs to take over my body.
And another sad truth is that the extended visit with Baby Sister is now coming to an end as well. She only intended to stay a week really, but almost two months later she is packing her car and heading back South. Hmm... just in time to lead the Geese on their migration to warmer climes. Makes you wonder. We have been blessed to have her here for the two months that she has been here, but with a new contract starting and the fact that she misses her own bed and friends of course we will graciously let her go back to Charlotte with a promise that she will return for the holidays.
J has had a lot going on too. School is going well, although he still doesn't like going to the other side of the fence, but we are working on it every day. Both he and I have made some new friends at the school yard so it is working out well for both of us. With Halloween approaching, the stores are also stocked with costumes. I love having costumes around for dress up play, but this year imagine our delight when we stumbled upon one of the last few Darth Vader costumes left on the rack. J was over the moon. And it was much cheaper in price than the one we were going to order online. Every day is Darth Vader day around here.
And our little Apple. She is growing like a weed already. She is well over the 10lb mark, if not even 11lbs now, we will find out for sure tomorrow. She still has the snarfles at night, which we are also having checked out tomorrow, just to be sure that it is just a little cold from J and not anything bigger, but I hope it stops soon as the snarfle, snarfle that goes on all night long keeps me awake and wondering if she can breath alright.
I just had to post a photo of her in her "Juicy" trackpants (she has the jacket too!). My girlfriend, who likes to spoil my kids, made this purchase for little Apple before she even made her appearance. I love it to bits, but have to admit that I am a little jealous I don't have a matching suit. Funny enough, at the Beach in July I wanted to pick up a "Juicy" for me, but they only had flannel ones and I wanted the velour. If I had only picked up the flannel one we could have been matching Mom and Daughter. When she gets older and sees her baby photos in the "Juicy" and wonder why she isn't wearing couture anymore, I will be sure to tell her to visit her 'Auntie' and put in her requests for future birthdays.
And that about sums up the week. Well, I am sure I can find lots more to write about as I had about 100 posts floating in my head last week, but it is all I have time for as Apple is waking up and it is almost time to pick up J from school.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I've never seen a juicier apple ;)

hugs and cuddles

xxx

10:48 AM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Fall always reminds me of trips to Gatenau (sp?) Provincial Park when we lived in Ottawa when I was in grade 5 - we just don't get that many variations in colours here!

The Juicy pants are SO cute!

Glad everything is going so well:-)

12:11 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

awe, such love for miss juicy!!

sorry to hear everyone is packing up and heading out. it's time to get down to parenting 2 business!!

hope the transition is an easy process.

:)

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that pink Juicy pants! So adorable!

Yes, it's still HOT here, too. I'm so looking forward to Fall!

6:27 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

Those pants are awesome!!! And so is lil Darth!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Toooooo cute! What an adorable photo of your little Apple! Darth Vader is adorable too!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home