Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I have held the tears

So far. The appointment this morning wasn't quite as encouraging as I was hoping. Although my midwife was able to reach the cervix, the baby still hadn't quite dropped enough to break the water and get things going. So we are starting to make the next approach plans.

One last ditch effort with a little Castor Oil, just in case (I should add that the cervix is almost fully dialated, as in 8cm) it decides to work this time. Nothing happening yet and that was a few hours ago.

On of the midwives has much larger hands than my midwife so she may stop by later and see if she can break the water (I am so hoping for this). But, she has a birth to attend to first.

I will have an ultrasound tomorrow, after we meet J's teacher, to make sure all is well with the baby (they do this when you are late, not usually until 10 days past, but we need to do it tomorrow) because...

... if nothing happens we will be induced on Thursday. ACK! Send me prayers folks, I really, really, really don't want to be induced.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger SAJ said...

baby! where are you! show me the baby!

(praying for you)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

C'mon little one, time to come out and meet your family!

Praying that all goes well and you meet that sweet little girl VERY soon :-)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~good vibes~~~

Wait, did I read that right? You're dilated 8cm right now?? I must have read that wrong.

~~~good vibes~~~

6:18 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

I was induced once and had 2 c-sections. I wanted an all-natural, drug free, vag birth... but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

In the end, I just wanted the babies OUT. No matter what happens, it's all good.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Good luck...hope your baby girl decides to show herself real soon.

7:11 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Good luck...

When I had A, I was 8 cm when I went in to get induced. Once they induced me I had her in an hour. So my fingers are crossed that a) you go without the inducement and b) if you do get induced it goes as quickly as mine!

Hang in there...

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was induced with both my girls and for me it was the best thing ever! Good luck!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Thinking about you, best of luck...keeping my finger's crossed!
Hope J's first days of school have been good as well!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Yea, you REALLY don't want Pitocin contractions.

Really.

Come out, baby girl!

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too did a double-take on that. You're already 8 cm?!? Don't sneeze, the baby will just pop out!! *wink*

As you know, I was induced at 10 days late with Simon, and it wasn't so bad. Long, but not painful. Labour with Tristan was far worse!

Wishing you an uneventful labour and birth, SOON!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home