Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to J!!

This post is a little belated. Sad to say, but our internet has been down and wonky since Thursday. It was up by Saturday afternoon, but then down again before I could post about the fabulous Birthday Party.

On Saturday it became very evident that our baby boy was no longer a baby. J turned four on Saturday and it was the first birthday that he knew exactly what was going to happen all day long. He was ready for his morning opening of presents from Mom and Dad. He put on his birthday shirt and hat and played with his new 'Lightsabers'. We ran around (ok, Hubby ran around, I watched) and started to get things ready for the party at 4pm. J kept asking what time it was and by 11am I was ready to crack. We headed out to pick up the party platters, which I have to admit were handy, but truly too expensive to do it every year. On our return A had finally woken up from his deep dark sleep and gave J his present (more Lego) and played with him for the rest of the afternoon while we got ready and had mini naps.

Everyone arrived except famed cousin J2. Poor thing, he had a tummy bug that left him running to the bathroom all day long. But, fun was had by J and his other little friends and cousin. J was the one dictating what was going to happen and when throughout the party, it was a hoot and I think next year will be even worse when he has a few school friends here to join in the fun.

All in all it was a fabulous Birthday and all day long, I kept remembering everything about that day four years ago. Especially vivid because I am still awaiting the arrival of Baby Girl. Sunday morning J asked what time his Sister was coming. And I told him I didn't know. His response was, "Well Mommy, you said she was coming after my Birthday and today is after my Birthday." I guess it is all good she didn't come as early as I thought she would. Anytime now would be great though.

Thursday evening J asked to ride his bikes (yes, he has three, two that are too small and one that is too big) but here is a good shot of him and Hubby riding the two wheeler that is still a bit big. This was one of those times that I looked at J and realized that he is so grown up now and definately not a baby anymore.
Since my youngest Sister was not going to be here on Saturday for the party, I made her stop by and hang out with us before she left for her weekend conference. We had a lot of fun and J kept reminding her that she would have to party when she got back. Her and my Dad missed the big day. And since J2 missed it too, it will be easy to have a little make-up party later this week.
I feel like I should be writing a letter to J, but somehow this morning it just isn't coming to me. Saturday was really more my day of reflection, he was such a wonderful baby. So warm and cuddly all the time. He still loves to cuddle, for which I am so thankful. He was and still is my little miracle that I thought would never arrive. He is the joy of my days and the sunshine of my life, without him our lives would just not be complete. Everyday he gets smarter and funnier and really and truly is a gentle boy, despite aiming his Lightsabers at me. He is also very thoughtful and concerned for others. Both traits I hope stay with him forever.

Happy Birthday J, we love you so much. Four, Wow.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Happy Birthday J!

So neat that your two will have birthdays so close together. My two boys are both born in June so we have one big party month, it's a hoot!

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he's FOUR already?

Happy belated birthday, J! And, you should bring your lightsaber over to play with my boys some day - definitely the toy of choice around our house these days. They even sleep with their lightsabers!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, J!! I keep hearing how 4 is when they really aren't tots any longer. *sigh*

Your computer must have caught the icks from mine. Our Internet is finally working again. Finally.

Sending you good labor vibes.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Happy Birthday J

You already have a great letter her to him. Refelctive as it is you can feel you bursting heart of LOVE for him.

Hugs

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter is 5 and she still can't ride a two wheeler. I guess we better get working on it.

Happy Birthday to J!

3:39 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

Happy birthday J!! That cake looks pretty yummy!!
And you're love seat turned out great!
Still no baby, wow, you must be soooo ready!!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

Happy Birthday J! I keep meaning to write my children letters and never get around to it. It is my goal to do it by their next birthdays. Hope you are feeling ok.

5:05 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Happy birthday J! Looks like fun! I didn't realize the two birthdays were going to be so close together! You should have fun with birthday parties when they get bigger ;-).

8:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just catching up on my fave blogs! I was also checking in to see if the baby had arrived! ;)

Happy belated b-day to J! Oh, and glad your sis came for a visit. I always wanted a sister...and I ended up with two brothers! LOL!

Hope you are well :) Hugs!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Happy Belated 4th BD, J!!! Lucky big brother, with a birthday so close to his sister who's just coming around the corner :)

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home