Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Weekend in Pictures

There is just no easier way to describe all the fun we had, even with me sitting on my butt, yes it is just plain hard to walk anymore. Starting with fun on Saturday. Hubby and A went on their annual hike through the mountains so J and I hung out waiting for one of my highschool girlfriends to stop by for a visit. This is the only event for which I don't have a photo. She is eight months pregnant with her first, so it was great to see her and meet her new Hubby. I can honestly say that she is just the same wonderful loveable person she was in highschool and that we just didn't have enough time to visit. Hopefully we will get more time when she is off on mat leave.
Then, Sunday, off to the lake. I don't even know what this lake was called but it is up in Calabogie (this link is for the Calabogie Peaks Resort, but you will see the beauty of the area). I wanted to see one of my girlfriends who was down in Calabogie this weekend. But, I didn't want to drive it alone, so I conned the big boys with a lake to swim in. Well, I think they officially had a great time. A, who has to be persuaded to go in the pool, was right in there swimming around and Hubby was off with snorkles in two seconds when promted. J, who said he wouldn't be going in the lake was next to impossible to get out. It was his first time in a lake and I think he was expecting crocodiles instead of his friend. The two of them are about four weeks apart and it is very cute to see them playing together.
Look at the beauty!!! Who knows, one day down the road.....
We were exhausted the whole way home, me wondering if Hubby hit another bump was my water going to break and A & J crashed in the back. It was such a wonderful day.

Monday was looking like it was going to rain all day, but it started to clear and Hubby remembered the corn roast at the farm. J was more than excited to go and sang, "Old McDonald" the whole way there. Of course when we arrived the sun burst through and it was stinkin' hot, but that was ok because we were at the farm. Hubby and I had two ears of corn each and would have had more, but restrained ourselves.

Then on the way home, seeing Home Depot open on the holiday, I begged Hubby to pick up the hangers for the other swing. The one that will hold adults. He was a little grumpy about it, but as you can see by the smile on his face the pleasure was all his. So he and J swang away the afternoon before dipping in the pool some more.

And I can think of no other way to end the perfect long weekend. Well, except maybe the arrival of the baby, but I wasn't quite ready yet. I will be after today though...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! :) Is that Northern Mom's little girl in the pics? She is soooooo cute! Glad the boys had fun and enjoyed swimming in the lake!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool about the swings! I cannot wait to have a swing set...and a HAMMOCK! Whoa then I'll never leave the yard!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

A perfect weekend! The best place to be when it's so hot is by a lovely lake.
Here's hoping baby comes just when you want her to... as if! I love your photos by the way.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Northern Mom said...

Centennial Lake!
I had a great time too and will catch up soon!
Barb

3:56 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

what a lovely weekend! Good bonding time before babe arrives.

When are you due again? Hope it's soon, since you are ready! :)

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're brave! I don't think I went anywhere towards the end of my pregnancy.

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're getting so close! AND, I bet you feel like it's a million miles (kilometers) away...

Next thing you know, you'll have a one-year-old girl!

What a great weekend :)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Awesome! Looks like an awesome time. Hugs

7:23 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

I was in Calabogie this past weekend for a wedding. My daughter also enjoyed swimming in Calbogie Lake. The weather was perfect for an outdoor wedding and swimming in the lake.
Oh, sweet summertime.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home