Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mail... the old fashioned way


A little while ago, Kailani over at An Island Life suggested and old fashioned gift exchange through snail yesterday (although it could have arrived Monday, but I forgot to check the mail box).
I was partnered with Lisa, from Sew what's up? and got set on putting my package together. Not sure if has arrived at it's destination, so I will just tell you the wonderful things that arrived in mine.
Lisa put together a package of really cool things.
I have some Sunset Red Popcorn and some Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil dip from her local farmers market (mmmm... can't wait to try the dip) and a car candle shaped like a lighthouse. The car candle smells very yummy and I think it will keep our car nice and fresh for a while to come (I knew there was something yummy in there because my post box smelled like flowers when I opened it).
In addition to these treats, Lisa included some seeds from her garden for Spanish Bluebells, complete with a photo! I have the perfect spot to plant them (along the side of my house that was just waiting for the perfect plant or flower). I am so excited.
Also included are some very beachy stickers that J was coveting, but I am going to find the perfect spot for them, most likely with a photo from the beach in a frame. There are also three sheets of alphabet stickers, complete in totally beachy colours. And to top it off Lisa included a coupon for a Gillette Venus razor, which is perfect beause my last razor bit the dust on our vacation and I need a knew one to keep these legs nice and smooth.
So thank you very much Lisa, it was really fun to receive my package and see all the wonderful treasures that were awaiting me on the inside.
And thank you Kailani for arranging the exchange.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

I love little gift exchanges like this, so fun.

AND, I also got a coupon to try the Venus razor - it rocks!! I love it. I hope you like it too.

2:06 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

What a cool idea! I forgot all about gift exchanges. Do people still have penpals, too?

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Tomato & Basil dip sounds great! You got some wonderful surprises!

4:53 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ohgosh i am *so* feeling the lurve... even though i didn't even do it lol.
i love *global swaps*.
let me know next time ya do it... X

5:02 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

What a nice little "surprise" in the mail! How clever!

Love the flower seeds. Great reminder of people and a moment of time. :)

8:21 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

What fun!!! And what a great gift, I have got to get in on one of these gift exchanges one day!

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home