Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summertime

It's officially SUMMER!!! Yay! My favourite season has arrived and ironically it is a cool 20 degrees and raining today. Despite the hot, humid weather we have been having summer chose to come in rather on the sly this year. That's ok we needed the rain for the grass, not ours because we water, but everyone elses burnt lawns need a little help.

On the first day of Summer I always seem to have this one hit wonder in my head. A song by LFO called Summer Girls. Something about the song makes me always think of the beach. You can hear it and see it on You Tube (I am so lame, I can't figure out how to stick the video in here to click on). Funny, when I was younger it was John Mellencamp's (then Cougar) Jack and Diane that made me think of the beach, then Bruce Springsteen took over and then did Bryan Adams, I guess it all depended on what was popular that summer. Then one day I heard Summer Girls and that is the last song that stuck in my head as a reminder for a long time.

Hubby decided the other day that this would be the year that we introduces A to Bruce Springsteen on the road. We will have to see how long it lasts because A does get grumpy when you make him listen to too much good music. One of the fun things about our new to us vehicle is that it has a 6 cd changer, so I loaded it with our usual driving music (plus J's Curious George) and have been enjoying a little of the good tunes for the last few days.

Today is not only the first day of summer but it is ultrasound day. Since I hit 30 weeks yesterday, I get to have another ultrasound to make sure the placenta is in the right place. Hopefully we will also get confirmation that we are indeed having a girl! And if it turns out to be a boy, J will be one unhappy little boy, but what can you do?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Ooooh u/s day!!! report please!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! What fun!! Can't wait to hear some updates!! :) I know about 5 friends expecting babies this summer and last year around our wedding, I had 6 friends expecting babies!

J must be excited, eh?

3:04 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Good luck at the ultrasound!!!!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Finally, sweet summertime!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'm with Nancy. Report, please.

*tapping foot*

C'mon. Gotta know.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love having ultrasounds? I used to look forward to them!

1:30 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

what on earth is rodrigo rambling about???

ok, my fave summer song is that one on grease "summer lovin'"
gorgeous.
oh, and it occured to me the other day that i must be heading into summer too, cos we just had The Shortest Day, which means that winter is half way thru, and summer's on it's way?????

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home