Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Radom bullets of catching up

I can't believe I went awol again, it has just been too busy around here. I thought I would post some random bullets of fun to catch up on things.

  • Starting with cute things that J has said over the past few days. "Mommy, when my baby Sister is born will she be in an egg?", "Mommy will your belly crack open when my baby Sister is born?", "Mommy will your belly go back to the way it was after my Baby Sister is born?" Apparently J has it in his head that babies arrive in eggs, just like chickens. And he is very concerned that my belly will be too big to cuddle with forever, somedays I wonder the exact same thing.
  • It has been HOT! Hot, hot, hot. I love it. We have been using the pool and J is doing some great dog paddling with his new 'muscles' or floaties or water wings. It seems that his fear of the water and pool are definately over, which makes for much more fun for us, except for the fact that I have to go in the pool sometimes when I don't really want to.
  • A's room is looking good. The framing in the basement is almost complete with the wiring next and the gyprock with be next week. It is looking like a real basement now and I am getting excited for baby's room.
  • Hubby is running ragged. I feel badly that I cannot help more, but somehow mowing the grass in +30 degree heat and building a basement just don't seem to fit with being 29weeks preggers.
  • Dinner with the girls. Myself along with a bunch of other Ladies went out for dinner without the kids!! Shocking and fun it was, we had a brief storm move in while we were dining on the patio, but the awning was good and the night was great. Nothing like a little girl time to rejuvinate yourself for a good long while.
  • We have made our final decision on a vehicle. And Nissan, if you are reading, we love you so much we decided to go with a Murano. No, not a new one, we will wait for your Baby gift to arrive in August. But, we are thankful that your Murano offers a huge backseat that we can comfortably fit five people, with two carseats (yes, thanks Brian for being so patient while we moved carseats in and out of the vehicle). And as an added bonus the backseats also recline! We were really flipping between the Quest and the Murano, but the Quest available was a basic package and the seats were a not so nice cloth, and truthfully ranked in comfort with our '91 Ford. So Murano it is! And quite frankly, I am not a huge van person, I would rather an SUV anyday. And this one matched my colouring much, much better than the van.

So, this has been our week since the Sens lost the cup. Not too exciting for everyone, but lots of excitement around here for us. What on earth are we going to do while on vacation at the beach? It just won't seem right to have a week with nothing to do but watch the waves.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

My friend (Rebecca) had a Murano before she moved to London and loved it, you will be very happy.

Glad work on the house is going well. Poor hubby though....

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The eggs one crack me up! Yeah, it's hot here and the afternoons there are thunderstorms. Yeck! Oh well who knows about being in Florida. Just watch, we;ll be here for ten years or something!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhhh!!! Your little one's questions are soooooooo cute!!! LOL! Will my baby sister be in an egg? LOL! That's great! I love it!

Mind if I add you to my faves? I just noticed that we have two "contacts" in common! Northern Mom and Karen from "A Day in the Life"! What a small world!

Oh, Hubby and I will be in Ottawa for a wedding this weekend! I bet there will be lots to see and do, since the wedding is an evening event. 6PM ceremony and 8PM reception/supper thingy. It's at the Canadian Museum of Nature. I've never been. Should be interesting.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Freckles said...

Love catching up on the J-man and fam! Heard about the Murano...Sweeet! Love you and miss you lots!

7:14 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

J is soooo funny!!! Love how kids think!
Sweet wheels, one of my faves, friends have one and love, love, love it!
I am sure you won't get bored watching waves, you are so silly!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Nice Choice. I like th elook of those...I'm want a fuel effecient car when I get ride of the van. I only realize now I'm not a van person.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home