Friday, May 25, 2007

Regina or Bust!

J and I head off tomorrow for a trip to my Sister's in Regina. We did this same trip last year, our first visit, and are excited to go again tomorrow. J struggles with his excitement to see his cousins and the fact that he will miss his Dad, Brother and his Lego. I am sure there will be a few tears on the airplane but it will be lots of fun in the end.

We are taking an evening flight. Traveling on Air Miles means you don't always get the best flights. And in this case we are travelling on Air Canada, which means no tv's, and are travelling into the evening. We will arrive in Regina at 9:30pm their time which will be 11:30pm our time. My Sister and her Hubby have a Gala to go to and I insisted they go!! So we will be met at the airport by a Limo to take us to their house, where I will pay the sitter and watch her walk home and hopefully put J to bed before he wakes his cousins up with excitement.

We are already booked full for Sunday, complete with a trip to church and a dash to my neices ballet recital. The weather is quite a bit cooler than here right now, but I am hoping that the warm weather will kick in once we get there. There are plenty of activities going on in Regina and I am sure my Sister will want to go to all of them. We are just happy to be hanging out with them and watching the kids play.

We are mostly packed and we picked up some Sens gear for all of them today. Sad as it is, I think my Sister and her Hubby are bigger Sens fans than we are. Ok, I should say, than I am becasue Hubby really is a huge fan, I just don't watch the games as much as I used to. I was going to pick up some toys but realized this would be a bit more fun. I even got them one of those flags for their van. You know the ones that flap and drive you crazy (I tried to get a link, but couldn't find a working one). And they even had a sippy cup for baby Neice, that will be quite cute to see.

I will try to give updates as our trip goes on. I am hoping for lots of fun and major sympathy from airport people. You know the kind of sympathy where the hugely pregnant lady gets driven around the airport with her toddler on one of those golf carts. We will just have to see how that goes.

Bon Voyage, next posting will be from the Prairies...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Enjoy!!!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

oui, mon amie, bon voyage !!!!!!!!!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Have a great trip. Glad to hear that you were able to book on miles. We always have problems finding decent flights on airmiles too. Very frustrating.

Nice that you can do this before the baby comes. Travelling with 2 little ones is a tad more complicated.

10:15 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

enjoy your trip and your time with your sister

hugs

10:26 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

You just have to let me know if you have any free time. I live one block from Wascana park and we could meet for a walk or a slurpee or something....I know you will be so busy....Maybe?

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I don't know about getting driven around but maybe they'll let you pre-board! See you when you get back!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Hugs and have a blast.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Oh, you are a brave woman. How did it go???

Yes, updates, please.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home