Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

Sorry I have been awol this past week, but we had some really great weather here and I just couldn't stay inside. And you are probobly thinking, but you have a laptop. Yes I do, but running through sprinklers and water guns just don't mix with laptops. Unless, of course you want a new one.

The weekend was so much fun. I can't believe we had a fun weekend, it seems like we spend so much time doing chores on the weekends that we don't have enough fun. This weekend was different. There was a little fair on at one of the shopping centres so we took the boys for a few rides and some cotton candy for me. J was so excited he talked about it for two days. Once we got there he went on one ride, played one game and that was it, he was done. Hubby got A to go on the zipper again after about five years when they had a really long ride that scared the daylights out of him.

Sunday Hubby wanted to take me out to lunch, but all I really wanted to do was go to the Tulip Festival and take photos. I got my wish and we were at the festival by 10:00am. It was a gorgeous morning, cool in the shade, not to many people. I got lots of photos and J even took some too. We were able to stop and enjoy a Beavertail, an Ottawa original pastry shaped like a Beaver's tail, topped with different toppings. My favourite is the Killaloe Sunrise, cinnamon, sugar and a squeeze of Lemon. I suffered with heartburn for the rest of the day, but it was sooooo worth it. We got a balloon hat made for J and watched a Busker do his thing. By the end of the show the crowds were getting thick and J and I were getting tired. (Lots more photos on my Flickr page).

We came home, A was finally up and he played with J all afternoon so I could read and lay about, perfect. Hubbby worked on the basement some more and all in all we got a lot accomplished.




I hope all of you Mom's out there, had an equally as fabulous day yesterday and got to do all the fun things you wanted to do.

13 Comments:

Blogger little miss mel said...

ooo, love the weekend you had. so glad you got to enjoy the lovely weather and festivities!

when are you due again?

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!

The "beavertail" looks like a giant, flat chicken strip. And now I'm craving chicken strips... thanks.

Look how happy the little dude looks in the plane!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh . . . cotton candy! My favorite!

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day celebration!

10:12 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

LVGurl totally said what I was going to! No wonder we are friends... :)

I'd like to go to a tulip festival.

11:42 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

Just to clarify- I meant that I was going to say that "beavertail" looked like a big chicken strip.

11:43 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

that first photo of J having the ride looks absolutely *gorgeous*... you guys sure had a fun-filled day :o)

1:32 AM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

miss mel - I am due at the end of August. Hubby took a photo of J and I at the festival that I thought I could share, but really I just look terrible. I wish my Sister was here, she takes great photos.

LVgurl & 180/360 - I was laughing a little too hard at your chicken strip comments, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess it does look a little like a chicken strip. I assure you it is a delicious pastry and is just a little more delicious when it is -30 outside and you are trying not to get sugar and lemon on your mittens.

Kailani and Kate - It truly was a great weekend, I only wish that every weekend was just as fun. I am looking out for all the festivals and fairs to see if I can sway Hubby to go to one every weekend!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You take such lovely photos!!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day :)

PS. Mmmmmmmmm...Beaver Tails!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Your children are beyond beautiful.

And what's that "Beavertails" photo? I think I may have to drive you where you live and get one, whatever it is.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Oooooh, I love Beavertails - and they don't make them anywhere like they make them in Ottawa. My son wants to visit Ottawa this long weekend; don't know if we can swing it but we'd love to introduce my daughter to your beautiful city.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I've never had a beaver tail. I keept hinking I should but haven't...I'll get one at St. Laurent the next time I'm there.

I had a great Mothers Day too. for the most part. I even snuck in a nap and I too play with the camera. NEXT week I'm coming up to take pictures with a friend. It should be a blast.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew I'm glad you weren;t Really eating a beaver's tail!

2:36 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

happy belated, very belated, mother's day to you! sounds like you had a great week-end filled with fun activities I love to do too

haven't been to see the tulips yet again this year, but then again I have so many photos of them ;)

ackk, now I'm hungry for something sweet

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home