Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Eight Years

ago today, I was sitting around my Mom's house waiting for four o'clock so I could get married! Having been awaken at 5am by some kids staying at my Mom's it was the longest day ever. I actually think my Sister's and Maid of Honour took longer to get ready than I did. So, I sat around waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

It was a gorgeous May 1st. A little bit nicer than today. Actually, the May 1st the previous year was just as gorgeous (that was when we got engaged). Both were close to 30 degrees celcius, bright and sunny. And we have not had another May 1st since.

We got married at a Golf course, which is ironic considering neither of us really golfed at the time, but have since taken it up and love it! We had a tent set up outside for the ceremony, which went beautifully, except that I was so hot that I was worried that people could see the sweat bead running down my back as I said my vows. Then refreshments (read, lots of booze) was served to our families and friends who lounged and took in some sun while we had photos taken. Then it was inside for a delicious dinner of roast beef, some mingling and a little bit of dancing. We couldn't have asked for a better day and night.

Then it was off to Cancun (Oh Mexico, how I miss you so) for a week of booze, sun, surf and basic honeymoon stuff. When I was looking through the photos of our honeymoon, the first thoughts that crossed my mind were, "look how skinny I was", "why did I think I was so fat and hid behind Hubby?", "oh how I miss being so tanned year round", and "why oh why are we not at the beach right this minute".
I think I will be framing some of these photos for post baby to remind myself that it is indeed possible to get back to where you were.
Happy Anniversary Hubby, I love you!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Congrats! We are coming up on 9 years in June. Amazing how long ago it seems, yet how hard it is to believe it has been that long already!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Anna!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Happy Anniversary!! Beautiful photos! :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Happy Anniversary! What lovely pictures... especially that BEACH!

It's funny, that body image thing. I remember when we went to the caribbean pre-kids I thought I was getting big in some photos. And then after being pregnant twice, and carrying HUGE both times, I never thought I'd get into a bikini again (except when I was PG the 2nd time - thought since I wasn't going to have those boobs ever again I may as well show them off).
But this year when we went to Jamaica, I bought a couple of new bikinis and thought, what the hell, I need a tan. Hubby thought I still looked great, so really, that's all that matters isn't it :).
Have a great day - hope you're doing something special tonite!

1:30 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

Happy Anniversary!

4:33 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

Both were close to 30 degrees celcius, bright and sunny. And we have not had another May 1st since.
come to new zealand lol.
april is usually really hot and sunny, and may only slightly cooler.
hippy happy anniversary, and many more X

4:39 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Happiest of Anniversaries! We will also be 8 years in June...your pics are terrific, thanx for sharing.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Happy Annivesary!
Gosh you two are a great looking couple. Your one Hot chick PG or not!

Hugs and I hope it was special!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet! Happy Anniversary!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to such a cute couple. It's so nice to hear about people who are still happily married after all these years! Congrats!

7:14 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

happy belated anniversary, great photos! and you are still as beautiful as when you were a new bride

12:21 PM  
Blogger reddirtroad said...

Oh, I'm so silly, I just read this today. Happy Belated!

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home