Saturday, April 14, 2007

Five Questions: The Interview

I read Whoorl's interview this afternoon, and although I wasn't going to ask to be interviewed (Whoorl has tons of peeps reading her blog and I figured a million and a half of them were going to ask for questions, so I didn't want to add to her list) but she offered and sent me five questions. If you want to play along, read the instructions after my interview and I will send you my interview questions.


1. What is the last thing you do before you get into bed at night?
Kiss J goodnight. Once in a while Hubby will go in and check on him, make sure he is tucked in, still in bed and kiss him goodnight. On those nights that I didn't get my goodnight kiss, I don't seem to sleep as well.

It is a good routine and I love it. I slowly open his door, let my eyes adjust (must do this as I almost stepped on him once when he was on the floor), hold my breath (not sure why I think my breathing will wake him up), check his covers, add another cover, bend over and kiss him. I step away and take a breath and whisper "I love you" as I leave the room. I leave his door ajar at night, just a crack so if (which is often thanks to my neighbours) he gets up he can pull open the door without without too much fuss.

2. If you could live anywhere, would you move?

This is a tricky question. My first instinct is to scream out 'YES"!!!! But, then reality sets in and I have to think about who I would be leaving to move. My dream is to one day live at my favorite Beach when we retire. But, that is a long way away. And if we could afford one of the million dollar homes to have as a summer house, then I would definately spend my summers there.

But, in all honesty, I would have a really hard time moving away from my Parents and my Sister. One of my Sister's moved almost two years ago (a three day drive) and it is really hard to have her far away. The other Sister has been gone for a while but, she is young and carefree and we see her often enough as she is in driving distance (15 hours). My Parents and Sister who is here really are a huge part of my life. I would have a really hard time being away from them, so I think I would have to stay put for now. Unless of course moving meant a huge amount of money so I could bring my family out anytime I wanted.

And I would have to add, that after watching SAJ and Whoorl have so much fun out in California and after visiting San Diego myself last fall. If I could live out there, I think I would. The weather is just so much more what I am actually living in.

3. What is your favorite recipe?

Well, in all honesty, I have many favourites. But because Whoorl posed the questions, I will think of her in my answer, just in case she needs a little Sangria in her life.

BeachMama's Sangria (which many peeps used to order when I was a bartender)
1 part red wine (and don't be cheap on your wine, it will show through in the Sangria)
1/4 part OJ (I always use pulp free, because it's my Sangria and I hate pulp)
1/4 part lemon and lime (If I can't find the mixers, or am going to the corner store, I get Fruitopia lemon)
splash of brandy (don't be cheap here either)

Shake this sucker up and server with fruit slices (Orange, lemon, lime) and cherries.
**I use parts because then you can make a glass or a pitcher, it's up to you. I usually use a bottle with a lid when I make a pitcher so I can shake it. And I never leave it sitting with ice in the pitcher, just pour it over ice in your glass, nobody likes watered down Sangria. And if I wasn't pregnant right now, I would be mixing Sangria and firing up the BBQ for some burgers.

4. What was the happiest moment in your life?

Hands down the day that J was born. It was a beautiful August day and I had no idea that he would bring so much joy into my life. I remember, very well, holding him and looking at him and just wanting to cry (ok, I did cry) because he was so gorgeous and I waited so long to meet him. There has been nothing sweeter for me than meeting my son.

5. What cheese do you prefer on your burger, if any?

Cheese, did someone say cheese? How can I pick just one? Yes, first of all, I do love cheese on my burgers. In fact I rarely eat one without cheese. Now because we usually only have cheddar around here, that is what gets put on my burgers the most. But, truthfully I prefer mozzarella. I love the way it melts and holds onto all the other condiments on your burger.

If we really have some fun cheeses, like havarti or gouda, I like to mix it up a bit and add them all to melt in harmony on my burgers.

Great, now I am drooling wanting a burger, which I probobly won't get for dinner, but hey I can pretend.

Instructions for an interview:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Great, now I get to bundle up in some winter gear and head to the hockey rink, for what I hope is one last hockey game of the season for A. This is the Championship!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I shall make that Sangria very soon. :)

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Your love for your son is so touching. And I like the part of the sangria recipe that tell us to "shake the sucker up." Hee.

2:51 AM  
Blogger reddirtroad said...

Mmmm, Sangria. Interview me!

2:52 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

mmmmmmmmm *sangria*
(no, don't interview me please, just had to comment on your fabulous recipe)
miss piggy loves sangria lol X

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home