Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Seven Songs For the Rest of my Life

I was going to write a post today about how awesome my Dad is. Why you ask? Because my Dad didn't even blink when he was searched at the airport after borrowing my travelling golf bag. Apparently my golf bag, which had been stored in our garage at the old house, was covered in chemicals. Chemicals that set off all the alarms and bells. It was just fertilizer or limestone for the grass, but apparently those are pretty popular for creating things that explode.

Poor Dad doesn't even golf, he borrowed the bag so that he could bring an odd shaped box containing a Barbie castle to Regina for my neices 6th birthday. What a trooper. I have thanked him over and over again because who would be the next person to travel with golf clubs? Me. And do you think I would have wanted to be searched and had strange peoples gloved hands down my pants? NO THANKS.

So, on to the Seven Songs Meme. Undercover Angel tagged anyone that read her post. And I just feel obliged when I get a tag like that, plus it will be fun to see what my seven songs would be. They are to be seven songs that I would listen to, if I could only listen to seven songs for the rest of my life. So here it goes...

1. Boys of Summer - Don Henley. This is my all time favorite song and has been since I was fifteen.

2. Minutes to Memories - John Mellencamp. Not sure how this ended up being my favorite John Mellencamp song. I do love them all, but this one just makes me really happy. An oldie but a goodie. JCM is also my favorite artist of all time.

3. Cuts like a Knife - Bryan Adams. Need a little Canadiana in there.

4. Pride in the Name of Love - U2. Have been a fan for almost 25 and this song is one I can hear over and over again. U2 is my favorite band, so I have to include one from them.

5. Good Vibrations - Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Aka. Mark Walberg. Something about that song just gets me going.

6. Summer Girls - LFO. This was a one hit wonder, but it always makes me think of summer whenever I hear it.

7. Life is a Highway - Tom Cochran. Ok, will add another Canadian in there. I just love Tom Cochran, and I loved it when he played with Red Rider. I can listen to his music anytime. And seeing him in concert is awesome.

There you go, not so hard after all, actually I could have probobly added a few more, but those will do. For now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure my dad would have been so patient and understanding. hee hee.

I got tagged with that meme but it was for 7 songs that I'm into right now. This reminds me of the telephone game where you whisper something in someone's ear and it gets passed along. In the end it turns out to be something completely different!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I love Life Is A Highway and Boys of Summer too! Thanks so much for playing along. I didn't know if anyone would actually do it considering the way I tagged people...

12:59 PM  
Blogger devin said...

http://freerobloxcodes11.pen.io/
https://johnmike877.livejournal.com/306.html
https://freegiveawaysonline88-45.webself.net
https://johnmike877.livejournal.com/710.html

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home