Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Waterfull Wednesday!

The melt started on Monday. I could see a tiny patch of grass along the side fence. I awoke to large patches of grass yesterday. And today with the rain, this is all that is left! Can you believe it?? Three days, that is all it took for the snow to melt, even without the sun. I can only imagine what it would have been like if the sun had been out and shining.

The grass really suffered this winter with the dogs. I think it was because of our late start to winter, but a little tender lovin' care and some good old fashion fertilizer will get it back into shape in no time. In the corner, there was a Japanese willow, the neighbourhood rabbit thought it would make a good snack, so it looks like I will have to replant that one. It was gorgeous too. The new leaves would come in pink, then turn green and it would have grown up past the fence this summer. Otherwise all else made it through the nasty winter. If only it makes it through the possible snow on Friday!

And this, is my novel. All 223 pages of it. I felt the need to print it off and reread it with red pencil. I felt very much like an author last night going through my draft. My ultimate goal is to almost double the legnth from 50,000 words to 90,000 words. I have so many more ideas to add that I finally felt well enough to get started again. Just starting the reread last night made me feel great. I got right back into the characters, I saw where I went one way when I originally wanted to go another. Hubby bought me a few books at Christmastime so I started flipping through them as well. It should be lots of fun.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger little miss mel said...

oooo, so cool. Would love to read a book with a red pencil, even if I didn't write it myself. Change it up a bit. hehe. Congrats on your achievement. Way cool.

4:22 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Wish we'd had as much melting as you.

8:27 PM  
Blogger reddirtroad said...

Holy Tenacity, BeachMama!

You totally rock!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Wow Grass.>>Should see the snow Still have.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Not looking forward to more snow tomorrow; YUK...

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, looks like Spring is just around the corner. It's my favorite season of all!

3:25 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ooooooooooooo is that a *fort* in your backyard???
it looks so. cool.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home