Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Bright Sunny Day

Ahh... the sun is shining, the air is warmer, no Spring isn't quite here yet, but... I actually almost feel normal again!

Yes, I haven't shared it much really, but I have not been feeling like myself for the last few months. Last week I was actually starting to get worried. I had absolutely no motivation. I did not even want to shower! I never go without a shower.

I talked to my midwife about it and she suggested I start taking some iron. I wasn't super low, but low enough for me. I was also starting ween myself off the Diclectin. I was afraid to cut it off cold turkey for fear of getting sick, so I started to cut out one of the four pills each day. I have been off them for two days and on the iron for five. And amazingly I don't feel like I am dragging my feet anymore. And I actually feel like doing stuff! I know it has been kind of boring around here, but I just wasn't doing anything exciting. It was all I could do to keep J occupied all day long.

It also has helped that I picked up a doppler on Monday (for rent) from Fetal Assure. I thought I should get one for a couple of months so I don't have to constantly be wondering if there is a heartbeat or not. It has only been a couple of days, but I feel reassured.

And today is trainer day. Good thing I feel better. I was wondering on the weekend if it really was a good idea to go see her as I wasn't quite up to it yet. But, this morning I feel like all is well and that I will benefit from seeing her today.

So happy Wednesday all, let's hope this renewed feeling lasts with me at least until July or August.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Glad you feeling better. i wa like you for 8 months of my PG and I took NOTHING. No enegery at all.

Have fun with your trainer.

8:12 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Glad you are feeling better! I remember the diclectin making me feel rather drowsy, I can't believe taking 4 a day! I have to wonder if that's part fof your feeling a little 'off'.

After this cold spell, the weather looks UP UP UP and we are well on our way to spring and summer...hooray!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

So glad you are feeling more cheerful. And enjoy your trainer session!

Spring will be here any day, really, it will!

4:07 PM  
Blogger reddirtroad said...

Happy day, BeachMama. Hang in there, summer and the beach is right around the corner.

4:11 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

glad to hear you are feeling better!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home