Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another Sneak Peek

Today, I got another sneak peek at my little pea. I am 11 weeks along and last week had my first midwife appointment. At ten weeks we knew we might not hear the hearbeat, and we didn't. In order to eliminate any fears or anxiety I may have had my midwife, bless her heart, gave me a requisition for another ultrasound.

So, today I got to see my fully formed pea, swimming gracefully (a little too much for the tech) on the screen. The heartbeat was 169, same as it was for J the first time I heard it and measuring right on track at 11 weeks.

At the same time I got the extra confirmation that there was indeed only one living large in my uterus. A little tiny bit of me was holding out hope that a second was hiding behind the first, but nope, there is only one. My mother apparently thought the same thing as she had a dream last night that she was presented with twins. I told her to wait for next time ;).

I am still not 100%, although I am taking the meds and excercising, my nausea is still present and my back still hurts a bit (more when I am tired). But, I am determined to be in good shape for this little one, so I will keep at it in hopes that the back will regain its full stregnth and not cause me any more problems.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Oh Anna!

that is such the Bestest News I've heard all week.

COngratulations!!!

Love ya

6:07 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Jumping up and down over here!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful news, Anna!

12:10 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face...so happy for you Anna!

take care :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Yahoo!!! I am thrilled to read this - absolutely thrilled right down to every goosebump of excitement for you.

xo

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember those first appointments too. What an emotional roller coaster: a healthy dose of anxiety going in, elation going out!

Yay you! Yay the pea! :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Such fabulous news!!!!!!!! An 11 week old little pea swimming around inside. I'm incredibly happy for you. xoxo

8:54 PM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Oh, I missed this happy news! Really, I must get over here more often! I'm so glad you and the wee pea are doing well.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home