Tuesday, February 13, 2007

School

We did it! We registered J for school. It was actually very easy, but it still took an hour. I was hoping to be there first thing in the morning so I could get the morning class, but I did not have my immunization record, so I had to pick it up from our Doctor's office. By the time I got to the school it was almost 11am.

There were about six other families in front of me and it took almost an hour to get through them all. Finally, it was our turn. J wanted to go start his class right that minute, but thankfully the administrator was good at explaining that it will be a while before it all starts. I keep trying to tell him that until he has his number 4 birthday he won't be going to school, but since he and his cousin like to play birthday he is a bit confused about when his real birthday is.

I am hoping for the morning class, as we are morning people here in our house, but apparently everybody wants the morning class, so because I wasn't there early enough I may get relegated to the afternoon. If that happens we will just have to learn to adapt.

It is truly hard to believe that J is going to be 4 this summer and will be starting school this fall. It feels like yesterday that he was just born and I was trying to figure out how to get him to sleep through the night. And here we are now, trying to prepare him for school with other kids. It will be such a wonderful experience for him. We are planning to put him into French Immersion in senior kindergarten when he is 5 but for now he starts off in English. We are fortunate to have a wonderful school right around the corner from our house, I hope I don't cry too hard on his first day!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger reddirtroad said...

It's a whole new chapter, this going to school business.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Oh you will. I cried for both of mine. BUt Of course when they couldn't see me.

Now I can't get him to sign his name on his Valentines Cards.

SIGH

3:50 PM  
Blogger Ann D said...

I have a pretty bad trackrecord for crying. (Actually I've cried twice today for minor things and we're not even talking about kids getting on the school bus!)

Tissues -- don't leave home without 'em.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Don't forget to hand the camera to somebody else that first day. It's hard to take pictures when you are all teared up.

7:59 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Wow - such a big moment. We start too in September, so we can sniffle together about your growing up little men.

8:00 AM  
Blogger chichimama said...

How exciting and sad all at once. He'll do great, and so will you! Fall is a long way off...you still have the summer to enjoy. And you'll be surprised at how little time they actually spend in school if it is only a half day program!

9:40 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

another momentous stage in your precious boy's life!

yes, you will cry but you will also beam with joy when he comes back home with all his little stories and crafts he made AND you will be busy with someone else ;)

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's always harder on the parents than the kids. I know it was for me! Good luck!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

It is such a bittersweet time... you will probably be sad and happy (and a bit anxious and apprehensive) all at the same time. At least that is how I felt when Big Sister went off to school for the first time last year. J will most likely love it though, and you will get to spend a couple of hours of alone time with the new little person you'll be busy with next fall :)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home