Friday, February 23, 2007

Oh Joy, Oh Bliss

I can hardly contain myself. You are also probobly thinking this is pregnancy related bliss, but not exactly.

You see, we moved into our new house two years ago (tomorrow actually) and ever since, our next door neighbours have been waking J up at all hours of the night and morning. Mostly he is woken up at 4:50am with the door slamming on their way to competitve swimming. The last few weeks they haven't been going to swimming and boy have I enjoyed the extra hour and a half of sleeping I get when they stay home. Today was not one of those days.

In addition to the early morning swim practice, the husband works the night shift. Leaving at 10pm and arriving home anywhere between 2am and 4am (I know, must be nice to have four or five hour shifts). With his suped up Dodge pick up with the extra rumbling pipes if J is not in a deep sleep then, awake he is at those hours.

Add to that the teenage parties (complete with booze I might add) that go on most weekends and many evenings in the summer, the constant door slamming everytime they go in and out of the house and the smoke from the bbq that comes in our front windows, I am most happy to report... THEY ARE MOVING!!!! Yes, indeed I am shouting that from the rooftops!!! They have not been happy since the day they moved in, they really don't belong in this neighbourhood, with its young children and quiet evening type people living on the street. There are new babies all around us and the oldest kid (other than their two) on the street is probobly 10.

I knew that one day soon they would decide to give up the ghost and move back into an older neighbourhood with older kids and a smaller house. And yesterday I got the news. Ironically they are buying a house on a street that is very familiar to both myself and Hubby as it backs on to his Dad's old house that was one of the first houses every built in our community 42 years ago. And is just up the street from Hubby's best friends parents place (a place where I rented a room for a year or so).

Ahhh Hurray!!!! If all goes well, they will be gone by the end of April. There is only one thing though. Please think happy thoughts that the people that buy the house next door (I would buy it if I had the money) are wonderful quiet, non-night shift working people that don't slam their front door at all hours of the day and night. Just in time to add to our family, hurray, hurray!

Thank you.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

You are so funny...wish them well and wave goodbye as their moving truck pulls away.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

NO KIDDING! I'm happy for you. I will have to call her and get her to book her party before she leaves.

I'll call, you soon.

hugs

8:07 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

wishing you the best new neighbors!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home