Friday, March 16, 2007

Here I sit

Eagerly awaiting the onslaught of snow. Last night they were forecasting only 5cm (about 2inches) but this morning they have reforecasted 15 in total between tonight and tomorrow. And to think I can see all of my backyard! There is only a tiny bit of snow left where the sandbox is becasue it doesn't get the sun this time of year.

I can only hope that we don't get anything they are forecasting. One good thing is that we are supposed to get those warm double digit temperatures back next week. Which of course will melt anything we get.

I am also wondering if any of you out there have heard of Facebook? Two of my Sisters and lots of other relatives and friends are all into this Facebook thing. To me it looks like a glorified MSN where you have a homepage and can talk to your friends but you don't have to be online for it. The weird thing is that anyone in your invite list can read all these conversations and you can read theirs too if you are on their invite list. Most people use real names and give a lot of info out. I know you have to be 'invited' to read about other people, but I find it kind of strange. Just wanted to get take from others out there if you had heard of it. I like to investigate new things out there, and since one of my Sister's is not exactly the most computer/internet savvy kind of gal, I wanted to check it out for her.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Krazzy K said...

A lot of teenagers are using it now, it is almost like Myspace but there are some differences. It's not hard to use. tricky at first, but once you get use to it, its a nice way to keep intouch with people.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

They were forecasting for freezing rain last night here, but thank goodness we didn't get it.

1:40 PM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Anna, I haven't made a facebook account for myself yet, but I found this article fascinating:

http://engtech.wordpress.com/2007/03/08/how-to-use-facebook-without-losing-your-job-over-it/

2:53 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Never heard of facebook, but it seems a bit not quite safe to me. But I never got into Myspace either...

Hope the snow stays away for you...

3:21 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Never hear of Facebook till this very moment. I am so out of it!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of it before. It doesn't sound like something I'd like since I'd like my conversations to be private.

12:00 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

facebook sounds alot like *bebo* here in NZ. the younger teenagers love it, but there have been a few nasty things going on with it, bullying by other school members etc. cos the kids all sighn up under their school and you can get "friends" etc. yes, i cannot believe the extent to which some of the kids share their personal info, and they get into online scraps alot too.
R13 has a bebo account but she is very candid with it, and i do sometimes have a quick chat about the goings-on on there.
blah blah.
tricky to advise: cos "everyone's doing it, mum." and that seems to be one of the ways our teens are choosing to communicate.
oh, i feel so old already lol

4:18 PM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Every college student I know has a facebook account -- and many high school kids as well. As far as I can see, they use it mostly to put up silly photos and send quick messages to friends, sort of like the kind of messages you would leave on a bulletin board outside someone's door.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

This is freaky...Becasue I just set up an account for Miranda and I use to get some pictures from her freinds who where in Spain with her. Apparetnly it is THE PLACE TO BE. BUT Of course I didn't use real names or infor.

I'm not crazy that people use there real names and stuff. BUt I guess to each his own.

9:40 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

Haven't heard about it yet either.

Hope you didn't get that much snow. It was 82 degrees here on Saturday. I am not ready for the heat. I want some cooler weather! So backwards.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home