Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Birthday A!

FIFTEEN!! 1.... 5... Can I believe it?? Not one bit.

Dear A,
I have known you now for twelve of your fifteen years. I may not be your birth Mom, but I love you like you are my own. I don't talk about you a lot here on my blog because well, you're fifteen. Why would I share with the whole world your teenage insecurities or the fact that you just won't eat lunch at the caf at school.

You have always been a kind, loving and wonderful kid. You do things that we ask without complaint. You trail along with us to grocery stores and boring relatives. We do in turn let you sleep until noon or later, let you stay up way late and give you free run on the computer. Why? Because your Dad and I remember just what it was like to be fifteen.

You are the best big brother we could have ever asked for. J loves you to death and counts the days until you come again. You are loving and patient with him and teach him all your favorite (age appropriate) video games. You spend hours building Lego ships and let me have a rest. You allow J to talk your ear off with no complaint, even though he has probobly said more words in his three and a half year than you have in your fifteen.

We love you and wish you the happiest of Birthdays.

Oh yes, and you got your birthday wish. Yes, you will get to have a Sister instead of another Brother. We think it is pretty great that you are excited to be a big brother again and not freaked out that you will have a Sister fifteen years your junior. Maybe you see how much I love my littlest Sister and look forward to the same type of relationship with your siblings as I have with mine.

Love,
Your BeachMama

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Northern Mom said...

Yahoo! A girl!!
You must be thrilled!!!
Barb

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 15th Birthday to J! And what great news that it's a girl. Girls are so great (but expensive, well, at least mine are. LOL)! Congratulations!

2:50 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

Congrats on pink!! How great to have both. Happy Bday to A! Sounds like a great kid.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

WOOT WOOT! I bet you can hear me!

I'm so thrilled for you. Girls are special and it even out your household. YEAH! Just tickled

PINK!

Love ME!

4:13 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

Ah-HA!! You sneaky mom-to-be-to-PINK!!!

Sounds great Anna, I am ecstatic for you.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Anna! Wonderful news. :)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Happy 15th birthday to Jay! My oldest turns 15 this year. That's so awesome that you are having a girl!

9:28 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Happy birthday and YEAH! for little girls! I am so happy for you!

8:14 AM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Oh Anna, what a lovely way to announce this! Happy Birthday to the teenager, and congratulations to the whole family on thinking pink!!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen your comments on SAJ's site many, many times, but this is the first time I've visited your site. I didn't have a clue you were in Ottawa. We used to live there!

Happy birthday to A, and my frilliest, pinkest congratulations (covered with flowers and sparkles) on the baby girl! :-) I'll keep you in my prayers.

10:29 AM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

what a beautiful post Beachmama!

and waht great news too!!

many hugs

10:45 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

i have those tingles going up and down my arms. what a beautiful relationship. absolutely fabulous.
and h-u-g-e congrats to all the family on getting a daughter/sister oh! so soon.......

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home