Sunday, April 01, 2007

Tomorrow

Is ultrasound day (18 week). I keep forgetting. My Mom and Sisters are far more excited than I am. This isn't normal. I mean, now that I have been thinking about it I am excited, but because I keep forgetting, I feel like it isn't normal.

I think I am not too excited because I have had so many losses in the last two years, I am afraid to be hopeful. That, I think, is normal. I do remember being calm about the whole thing with J too. It wasn't until after 24 weeks that I really started to get excited.

Tomorrow we should find out what flavour of bean we have roasting. Unless the bean doesn't want to cooperate. J wasn't super cooperative. Although I knew before the tech told me that he was a boy. I saw his goods before she did and he was playing with himself, that kind of gave it away, but I remained hopeful for a girl until she confirmed it for me.

I am not ashamed to admit that I was devistated at first that I was not having a girl. At the time my thoughts were, if I only get one chance at being a Mom, shouldn't I get a girl. I live with boys, my dogs are boys and at the time I had six birds who were also boys. But, within a day or two I was completely and utterly fine with a boy. And now, well, I wouldn't have it any other way. J is the sunshine of my life, the boy that keeps me going, the one that challenges me every single day with something new. And really, I always hung out with boys more than girls, it was only fitting.

This time around, it really, truly doesn't matter one single bit. I just want to know so I can plan. If we have another boy, well less shopping for me and so easy to set things up. I just move things from J's closet to the baby's closet (after A moves to his new room of course... and after we build it this summer). But, if it is a girl! Watch out. I will definately, 100% need to go shopping. If a girl makes it into this house, she must have a girly room, must, must, must. Our house is filled with everything boy, it would be a shame not to take advantage of setting up a room in all things girly. Those are my thoughts. But, I will say that I will not, absolutely will not be disappointed either way, I just want a happy healthy baby, who maybe, just maybe sleeps in until 6am. You know, if I can ask for something to be added into the mix.

Hopefully, I will have a report tomorrow! If the bean cooperates that is.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow! I hope the baby is cooperative and you are able to find out if the baby is a he or a she.

I found out with all four of my kids. There are not very many girls in our family so I was not surprised when they told me the first two would be boys - and they were. With my third son the pregnancy was really different so I was surprised when they told me he would be a boy - when we left the ultrasound my husband told me he didn't think I could produce girls. Then I got pregnant with my daughter, and they told me she would be a girl. I didn't believe them, and bought everything in blue and wouldn't let anyone by girl stuff. I thought they must be wrong. Sure enough, she was a girl and daddy had to run out and buy a whole bunch of pink stuff in the hours right after her birth...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Ooh, the first time I visit your blog, and I'm left with this cliffhanger. I know what you meant about that desire to have a girl--mine was assuaged with my first kid...and then I wanted another one, but what a blessing it's been that I had a boy the second time.

I can't wait to find out what you're having!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH ANNA! I so hope you get your girl. I've enjoyed both my kids but I love having one of each. AND we have talked about the differnces. AND I would so totally love to go shopping for girly things with you!

Can't wait to hear.

AND I totally understand not being excited and the forgetting part. I had PG brain and forgot important Appointments. Totally a ditz. I'm much better now. ;)

Hugs and can't wait to hear.

12:27 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

WELLLLLL??????????????????

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home