Thursday, April 05, 2007

Is is really Easter already??

Tomorrow is Good Friday. I feel like Easter is so, so early this year. I like to explain to J both the secular and Christian versions of holidays but since this one involves one of his heroes dying. And J is very sensitive to death, I don't think I want to be the one to explain this one. So, I think I will leave it up to Grandpa to share at dinner tomorrow, let him deal with the tears.
And to top off the early arrival of Easter, it is supposed to snow for the next two or three days. That just makes Easter Egg hunts in the backyard not so enjoyable. It was actually supposed to snow most of the day today, but somehow we seemed to escape it all. It's a good thing that J likes to play outside in the wet grass with his rainsuit on or else he wouldn't have had any fresh air since the weekend. I thought I would add a few photos of our dogs. They are a royal pain in the butt, but I love them just the same. The first photo is Cosmo (full name Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld). Cosmo is a collie-lab mix and just turned eleven. Not too sure how many years he has left in him, but he is getting really grey now. He is a gentle dog who has a bark that will scare any solicitors from the front porch faster than they can ring the bell. Next is Mickey (Mickey Blue Eye, as he has one blue eye and one brown one) who is seven and a bit. Mickey was a rescue and some days we wonder why we did it. No, just kidding. Some days he is just a little more crazy than others. He came from a litter at a pet store (of which a friend of ours also got a dog, hers had to be put down) that had been very over bred. The result is that he is a bit skittish and has taken him much longer to calm down then most huskies. Again, I don't always mind so much as it keeps strangers away from the front door. He is just as loveable as Cosmo and very protective of his pack (us) so I always feel safe with him around.
Not sure what inspired me to share about my dogs today. I guess because they are always here and I take lots of photos of them. Mickey is not as willing for a photo as Cosmo, he seems to like to be far away from the camera. Cosmo you could get right in there and snap away and he wouldn't care one bit.
Let's hope all the weather forecasters are wrong and that the next few days turn out to be not quite as bad as we think... Oh and Happy Easter!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'm viewing the 7" of snow in our yard as an "aid" to hiding all those eggs this wekeend...

Your posts are very comforting to read, for some reason. I guess you're a comforting person?

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'm viewing the 7" of snow in our yard as an "aid" to hiding all those eggs this wekeend...

Your posts are very comforting to read, for some reason. I guess you're a comforting person?

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sorry for flooding you there. It seemed my first one wasn't publishing. But, look, I'm upping your comment count!

8:16 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

I was a actually thinking today on how the best way would be to describe Easter to a pair of 5 year olds, not an easy thing, Christmas is so much simpler

have a wonderful easter week-end :)

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home