Monday, April 09, 2007

Is there such a thing as too much chocolate?

I think so. And I think our family ate more than it's fair share this weekend with many more pounds to go.

Easter was a little wishy washy this year. My Mother, having originally made plans to have guests for dinner before remembering it was indeed Easter weekend, had our family dinner on Friday night. Unlike most people my Father does not take most Statutory holidays as a holiday, he continues to work. Have I mentioned before that my Father is almost 70 and is a house painter by trade? Yes, so he won't stop working at his trade. So we arrive for turkey dinner on Friday and Dad is almost asleep, or dead on his feet as my Mother kept saying. My Sister arrives without J2, who five minutes before leaving starts puking his guts out. Her husband stayed home with J2 while the rest of us enjoyed our dinner.

All in all our usually packed table on Easter was quite small and quiet. Given that my other two Sisters were out of town and we were missing half of my other Sister's family. It was quite a small affair. Probobly the smallest we have had in a really long time. The food was delicious and J played happily by himself while we all filled up with turkey and what not.

Saturday we spent most of the day playing the Lego Star Wars II video game on the 360. It was a snowy yucky day outside and we really just wanted to hang out and play video games. Not something that has occured for a few years so it was kind of fun. We did have to head out to watch A play his hockey game later in the afternoon, which his team won. But, we weren't gone too long and came home to play some more. I should also mention that J was not quite himself, so we were waiting for the pukies to hit him too, but he held strong.

Sunday came around and we had to go to Hubby's Mom's for lunch. J still wasn't quite himself, but he ate breakfast so I figured what ever was bugging him was passing. Hubby went for a three hour run to train for a marathon and I was exhausted having been woken up several times in the night by my neighbours. We arrive for lunch a little worse for the wear and didn't they cook up a whole big turkey dinner! So, we were stuffing ourselves again. Oh yes, and just as we sat down to eat and J had put his first bite of bread in his mouth up came his breakfast and juice. So he didn't eat anything. He kep telling me he choked on the bread, but I think it was a bug. Needless to say we didn't stay long and headed home to try to return to normal for the start of the week.

All in all not the greatest Easter weekend, but you take what you get, I guess. J seems to be much better today as is J2. My Sister dropped by this morning and we dressed the kids up and sent them outside to play. Which they did happily for an hour and a half. I think it did them a world of good and they should hopefully be even more back to their normal selves by tomorrow.

Here's to chocolate...



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope J is feeling better soon. Maybe it's the weather that's getting everybody down. I hope it gets better soon!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm envious that your sister is around to help and has kids to play with!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home