Friday, April 27, 2007

Tiny Bubbles


I finally broke down about bought a bubble machine. J loves his bubbles so much I was getting out of breath trying to keep up with the constant need for bubbles. The only problem is that it uses so much solution, more if it's windy. But, hey he loves it, what's a Mom to do? And really with all that bubble popping, just add water and you have an instant bath.


Along with the wonderful bubbles that can occupy an entire afternoon in the backyard, I found a few green bubbles popping out on the trees. We have a very late blooming tree in our yard that we planted last summer and I was getting nervous that it didn't make it through it's first winter. Upon closer inspection, I could see the beautiful green popping through. My favourite colour of green is what I call 'Spring' green. When all the leaves pop out and are new and fresh, that is my favourite. Midsummer when they are a deeper darker green, I start to get nervous because I know what is coming but it's the first green that really perks me up.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

My kids love the bubble machine as well. I have to buy a new one though because we left ours out and it got ruined in a rain storm...

Enjoy the weather!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

We bought that fantastic invention this year too. Kids were busy trying to ninja chop each and every bubble in half. Exhausted by dinner time - perfect!

9:13 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

that little machine sounds SO much fun.
i love what you said here:
I could see the beautiful green popping through. My favourite colour of green is what I call 'Spring' green. When all the leaves pop out and are new and fresh, that is my favourite.
i'm the same: it's almost as though the tree is squeezing the leaves out little holes... more and more leaf appears each day :o)

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love our bubble machine! I used to feel like I was going to hyperventilate when I had to blow on the wand.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

We've had a weekend of bubbles here, too! My son has a Buzz Lightyear "ion blaster" that he can dip into the bubble stuff. It's a lifesaver!

11:00 PM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

We just got one of those for Simon yesterday - it was his 'trade in your soothers' gift - and he LOVES it!!

By the way, first time I've clicked through since you put up the new banner - it's gorgeous!!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just noticed you wrote colours like a bRIT! :)

Anwyay my baby doesn't like wearing his hats, he takes them off all the time! I havent' bought bubbles yet! Can you believe it? i guess it's time!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

I love that Shot. He's so enjoying that.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

What fun...
I can nothelpmyself,I am just smiling at the screen...Nothing like bubbles on a fine spring day!!!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home