Thursday, May 17, 2007

Brought to you by the letter K and the number 3

The letter K for Kellogg's. J loves Rice Krispie Squares, but he usually has store bought ones. When I told him we could make our own it was like Christmas in May! He talked about it all the way through the grocery store, all the way to the mall to pick up more shorts for him, and all the way home again. He even talked about it while I put all the groceries away and set everything up.
And for the record, he is not stirring a hot pot of melting butter, he was getting ready to help and pretended for the photo op. On with our show... I love to bake, but haven't made Rice Krispie Squares in many years. I forgot how annoying it is when the marshmallows are melted and you have to add the Krispies and it gets hard to stir. Argh. I was having flashbacks of burning the marshmallows way back when (I was maybe 13) and Mom running around fanning the smoke detectors. I stirred and stirred and J bounced and jumped on his stool and added a marshmallow here and a Rice Krispie there. Then they were done.


For some reason today, he wanted to be Santa Clause. He was so excited for his Rice Krispie Squares and took a bite... an hour later took another bite.... and an hour later... you get the idea. Usually he eats them three at a time, but apparently only I eat them that fast when they are homemade. He didn't say that he didn't like them, he just keeps going back and taking a little bite at a time.

And brought to you by the number 3. It just made is sound all the more Sesame Street like. J's favourite number is 3 so it sounded good.

And a little update on the car thing. Well Hubby seems to think we have been driving with bad bearings for at least a year if not longer and doesn't see or feel the same as I do about it breaking down. That being said, he takes a bus to work everyday and I drive the car everyday (or almost everyday) so I still feel a little nervous. It does sound much better after our visit with the mechanic yesterday and our search for a new vehicle continues. It looks like the beach vacation may still be a go and we will firm up vehicles later in the summer or early fall (A can squish for a little bit). And Silver Creek Mom, I have taken your advice about your van and we don't have the Caravan on our short list at this point. Will see what the fall brings though. If Nissan is out there reading my blog (not bloody likely) we would love a nice Pathfinder for a Baby gift, I would talk about how wonderful you are all the time on my blog and post many photos of us enjoying the lovely Pathfinder. I'm just saying is all.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute pics and what a ham! Where could be getting that from?

7:06 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

So cute, and coincidentally I have just recently started making them from scratch for my kids too! My son finds the pre-packaged ones a bit too sweet. I remember when my mom made them she never used enough marshmallows and they were always dry -- I mean, really, why bother?!

12:32 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

lol about the pathfinder.....

9:38 PM  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

talk about one cute little cook

now I'm craving rice crispy squares :~)

good luck with the car thing

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooooooooooove Rice Crispy treats! They have to be homemade, though. All buttery and gooey marshmallowy.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home