Monday, June 04, 2007

Home Again





Four airports, three airplanes, lots of waiting, and many amazed passengers and airline attendants later we made it home. Amazed you ask? Yes amazed. You see J is a seasoned air traveller and I am very proud to say that he is well behaved and doesn't cause too much trouble for anyone. Made especially easy with the new tv's on Air Canada planes, not that they worked on every flight but the longest one allowed J to watch a few shows. And the children's selection is a little on the light side, but it worked all the same.
All of the twenty or so pilots that J asked, "Do you have a gun?" and "Do you live in Ottawa too?" were really nice and didn't mind a little three year old asking so many questions. One gave him a sticker of some wings and another let him into the cockpit (after landing of course). Another passenger in First Class gave J his cookies, shocked I am sure that this kid wasn't kicking his seat for the entire flight. Other passengers made comments as they walked off the plane and we waited to deboard until they were all gone. All of which were positive and made me very proud of our little guy.
Coming home is so bitter sweet. We had so much fun. Although I had to mediate for my sometimes whiny son, for the most part the kids played like gems. And unlike the week in Regina the tv is back on here with no one to play with but me. So, yes the bittersweet. I am so glad to be home, but at the same time, so sad to leave my Sister and her family. We do have so much fun, which wouldn't last if I lived in her basement, and the kids play so well. And at this point it doesn't look like they will be leaving Regina anytime soon. I can only put in my prayers that they will be directed back to Ottawa so we can all hang out together on a regualr basis again.One of the hardest things about leaving so early in the morning is that we didn't get one finaly goodbye and last morning hug. Then again, I had enough tears just hugging my Sister goodbye, couldn't imagine squeezing all the kids to death too. And my BIL got short changedd, I thought I would see him in the morning but did not, so I didn't really get to say goodbye, hope he is ok with that and will reserve it for the next meeting.


Baby neice was doing much better by the time we were packing up and heading home. She is sucha bundle of cuddles and although she has always snuggled with me, she really would cuddle into my belly and cuddle close. I kept joking that it was like snuggling with Grandpa and his belly, but either way it was really cute.
And LJ is such a ham, but hates his picture taken, so I have a few shots with him in them, but mostly they are blurry and he is running away from the camera. Too funny that little guy.
We started our week hot and sunny and it ended the exact same way. Saturday was sunny and 30 degrees, so we went downtown to the farmers market, to Cathedral Village for ice cream and back home for running in the sprinkler pool. Of which I have no photos because I left my camera in the van and BIL went out for a few things. When he got back we went to the greenhouse for plants and by the time we got back it was dinner! I did get over 150 photos though and just shared a smidgen with you all.
Another great visit but yes, it is glad to be home. Hubby set up our pool and cleaned the house so much all I can smell is a mix of chemicals and fresh paint. Even though we painted a few weeks ago. Now, back to the regular scheduled programming. With a little rain, that I think I have already lived through.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Welcome home and SEE you Friday!

Hugs

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I have your family on one of my flights one day. It would be so nice to see kids behaving!

3:31 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

well, just look at your gorgeous memories. and my dad says that memories are just the continuation of the event: so you can relive it whenever ya like.
i know that *glad to be home* feeling too.... X

5:13 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Glad you made it home safe!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, nice trip! J look like a sweet boy, I love the ladybug picture!

12:30 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

So glad you had such a great time! Look at all those kids! Great group!!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home