Saturday, June 02, 2007

Winding down

Our time here in Regina is coming to an end. But not without a little drama, some good fun, and meeting a new person. I still can't find a usb cable around here to download all my photos, so I have them locked in my camera until we arrive home on Sunday.

Drama, baby neice has had a cold since we got here and I knew that J would get it due to circumstances beyond our control (grabbed sippy cups). So, yesterday as baby neice was getting worse and worse and breaking out in fever, J's nose was running more and more. Thankfully, he seems to only have a very runny nose... so far. Unfortunately baby neice had to go to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning today as her fever was so high that she was starting to get febrile. Thankfully, I was here and both my Sis and BIL were able to go together. It turned out that she has an ear infection (same as other baby neice back home) afer a little antibiotics she was almost back to her old self by this afternoon.

Good Fun, since yesterday was the nose running like a tap day and the beginning of the cold, J was very whiny and playing was a little difficult. Many tears were shed and feelings hurt and Mommy was losing her patience rapidly. Today, however, saw a sleep in until 7:50am!!!! Can you believe it?? Me neither. So there were well rested children and even with the rough start of the hospital we had an afternoon of fun and Sis and I were able to just sit and chat instead of mediate. It was great. The fun afternoon went into the early evening when great BIL sent us girls off to a movie and put all four kids to bed. Brave, brave man.

And yesterday I got to meet a fellow blogger!! We met through SAJ and have exchanged emails a few times. We were going to go to a park with my Sister and the kids, but due to baby neice not feeling well, then J starting to bawl because I was taking him away from his cousins and the rain that started pouring down, I went by myself. Anna from McLean Family Chronicles and A Mommy's Ramblings was such a gracious host and the chatting, oh it was wonderful. I got to chat uninterrupted. We shared a coffee and lots of wonderful stories. Her two beautiful children welcomed me into the home with many shy smiles and were great for our entire visit. Anna's hubby even made an appearance, so I got to meet the whole family. So much fun. I do have a photo of us, but it is stuck on my camera so you will have to click over to the McLean Family Chronicles to see one. It was great to meet and get together and chat in real life. Thank you Anna for having me over.

Tomorrow will be final wind down day for the kiddies, as we leave at 6am on Sunday. I will have to pack up after the Sens play and get us all prepared for the journey home. We have two stops this time, one in Winnipeg (it will be my first time back since I left there in '92) where we will probobly not even leave the airport lounge and the other in Toronto where we will simply change planes and head home. I am hoping for another smooth trip. It will be bittersweet, as I will be happy to be home, but missing my Sister and her family too. Until our next visit I suppose. And who knows, I may have got her a little bit interested in the blogging thing, we could see something from her at some point.

Labels: ,


Blogger familymclean said...

You are so welcome, if only I had known we were going to have coffee I would have had some sort of snack.
Hope you have a safe trip home and J feels better and doesn't get the fever.
(crossing my fingers for you)

11:32 PM  
Anonymous kailani said...

Wow, what a great BIL! I'm sure you and your sis really deserved the break. I can't even remember the last movie I saw in a theater! LOL!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Safe travels...
Looking forward to the pics!!!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a great trip. I'm impressed that you met a fellow blogger--it always seems so intimidating to "drop the veil," as it were!

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home