Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ahh... the playing is unbelievable...

We have been here since late Saturday night and the kids have not stopped playing yet. I have tried to post three times, but each time I get a few words written I have to run away.

Today was a great sleep in day. J slept until 7:10am!!! He has slept past all of his at home wake up times every day so it makes me feel better to know 100% that yes it is my neighbours waking him up. Even though I know it, I still stop and wonder some days. But, this confirmation just makes it all the more worth while that they will be gone in less than a month. Hooray!!

Anyhow, I am here to talk of fun and travels here in Regina. Our flights were ok, the first one to Toronto was short but annoying. An older plane with armrests that didn't move made for a very uncomfortable ride for a pregnant lady. J made fast friends with Holly, a wonderful lady sitting beside him at the window. He told her all about Star Wars and she told him all about her book she had just started to read. She was so sweet and her kids were 18,19 &20 so she claimed to miss chatting with a 3.5 year old. And I should add that she looked younger than me, so I was shocked to hear of her kids ages.

The second flight from Toronto to Regina was starting off to be not so great as we were in a teeny tiny (to me) airplane. However, it ended up being a wonderful flight. They had tv's for each seat (just like Westjet) and there were only two seats in our row, so J couldn't disturb anybody. Within an hour J was asleep and I was able to catch a few winks too.

My Sister had a limo meet us at the airport as they were at a Gala for the night. The short ride seemed silly, but it was nice to not have to try to flag a cab. I sent the babysitter home and my neice was up and gave us the run down of all things Regina.

Sunday was busy, we went to Church where J attended Sunday school and loved it. From Church we sped off to GR's (my neice) ballet recital. J and his cousin were dancing along with the dancers trying to figure out what story they were trying to tell. It was wonderful to watch them (the boys). GR did a wonderful dance, she was a pink butterfly. It was great to see how well she is doing since our first time watching her in ballet three years ago (back home).

Monday was a trip to Chuck E. Cheese! J's request was to go for supper, but we went for lunch instead. We were the first ones at the restaurant, which meant we got all the free tickets from the machines that were newly emptied, and there was no one there to squeeze the kids off the games. They ran, they played, they ate pizza and salad and three and a half hours later we left. On to the grocery store for some food stuff and the mall for some Booster Juice. The kids played outside until supper and crashed early for bed.

Tuesday took us to the Science museum. And OH. MY. WORD. that is a science museum. Of course we happened to arrive on the first day of the Lego Exhibit, J was tickled pink. There was just so much for them to do. A whole half a floor dedicated to hockey where the kids could take shots at a screen. An area that is set up like roads and there are usually cars for them to drive (they were away yesterday), and two more floors dedicated to all things science for the kids. They made big huge bubbles played with sound waves, made a drum beat like their heart and used brain waves to move a ball. If only our Science museum was as great we would go every week.

Sadly the kids were exhausted and grumpy for much of the afternoon so we instituted a movie afternoon to avoid arguments. Then it was to bed and lots of sleep for all of them.

My Sister and I have been having fun, the two of us sitting here with our laptops, her with her gorgeous Macbook and I with my Dell. We have been to Starbucks, without kids, and we watched a movie last night. Which was hilarious just to watch Hugh Grant dance and sing. Truly hilarious. Oh yes and we watched the Sens game, my first game all season. Wasn't a great game, will see tonight how they do.

Photos to follow, I forgot my usb cable so I need to dig for one here in their house.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger twinmomplusone said...

so glad to hear you are having a blast

enjoy :)

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the flights went well. To me, those are the most stressful parts of vacation!

Sounds like your family is having a wonderful time!

Kailani
An Island Life

3:26 PM  
Blogger Good Things I Find said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your visit.

7:59 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

you're having such a fabulous time :o)
i haven't seen that movie, does it *work* ?????
hugh grant isn't really my fave actor, though he is great in love actually...

2:14 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Thanx for the report, sounds like a terrific mini-break!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

The Lego Exhibit AND a woman who listened to STAR WARS talk? Now that's a good trip!

I wish our kids could be pals.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Sounds like soooooo much fun! Glad everyone is having a super time!

Oh, thanks for the comment on my last post! I love reading your comments! If you're interested, I have some quick recipes on my blog :)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

I'm so impressed that you've managed to blog on vacation - now that's total dedication! It sounds like you're having a great time, as well as the kids, which makes vacation that much better. I picture you catching up with your sister and it's such a nice image. I live only 20 minutes away from mine and I don't think we've had that sort of visit in a very long time.
Looking forward to pix!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will probably rent Music and Lyrics thought the brit husband will probably roll up his eyes. I have never been to Chucky Cheese. I haven't seen them down here.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us [url=http://www.saclongchamppliagefr.eu/sac-en-bandouli%C3%A8re-longchamp-pliage-c-1.html]Sac En Bandoulière Longchamp Pliage[/url] you actually recognise what you're talking about! Bookmarked. Please also consult with my website =). Réduction Sac à Main Longchamp Noir [url=http://www.saclongchamppliagefr.eu/sac-en-bandouli%C3%A8re-longchamp-pliage-c-1.html]Sac En Bandoulière Longchamp Pliage[/url] , We may have a link alternate arrangement between us!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home