Thursday, June 14, 2007

Crying isn't always bad

Today, I had a moment. I just had to cry. Not one of those sobbing breakdown cries, but tears of sheer happiness.

J and I were in the car on our way to a store, we were listening to Jack Johnson's Curious George CD. J loves Curious George, and now loves Jack Johnson. As we were driving along with the windows down, the breeze blowing in the car, J said, "turn it up Mommy, this is my favourite song". So I turned it up and watched in my special J mirror as my son sang along to all the words with Jack. He was clapping his hands and snapping his fingers (or trying to snap) wind blowing in his hair, happy as a clam.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment, thus I was crying in my car while singing along with Jack Johnson. It was just a happy day.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger skatey katie said...

we *love* jack.
l-o-v-e him.
have you heard *donovan frankenreiter* (no relative of frankenfurter lol)... he has a similar sound, very summery X

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love Jack, too. Which song was it? We like Upside Down the best!

7:09 PM  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Hey Kate, haven't heard of Donovan F, but we have all of Jack's cd's very fun.

Kailani, it was Upside Down, but he knows the words to a few of them. He just kept singing along. It is the closest I have come to kids music in the car!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Too cute I would have cried too. I can just see him doing it too.

8:00 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

sooo sweet. love rear view mirror moments :)


need to get that cd. Rt loves Curious George books.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

What a beautiful moment! We're big fans of Mr. Johnson in this household too. My little one loves her "Monkey George" LOL!

3:19 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

My kids are really into music. Nothing makes me smile bigger than when they sing and dance along to songs I like!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhhhh! What a wonderful post!!!
That was so sweet!

PS. I love Jack Johnson too! LOL!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home