Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Rare First

Since J is almost four, have a first is rare these days. And when he does do something new it is usually so long in the making that we forget to celebrate.

Hubby added a swing to the playhouse in the backyard on Sunday. J has never really been interested in the swings and only recently decided to use it as a "Superman" way of flying. Yesterday, after our dip in the pool, J decided to try it out like the other kids and sit on his butt. He asked me to push the swing. Which I did, but quickly grew tired as standing in one spot is not so much fun right now. So I decided to teach him how to pump his feet. Within minutes he was swinging away singing a little song (he does this for everything, sings a little song). All he needs is a little push to get him going and voila, swinging away.

And as another first, just for fun, I should add that I took him all by myself, as in with no other kids or parents to an indoor playplace. I should probobly clarify that I don't do things like this without others to help occupy the time because I hate going somewhere for twenty minutes then heading home. But that is exactly what we did yesterday because that is really what J wanted to do. I survived and he survived and we only lasted twenty five minutes, but he was happy.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look how much fun he's having!!

I wish we had room for a swing set. Vegas yards run small...

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to do that!! Might be good for the ole' stomach muscles. I hate leaving the house for 20 minutes too, especially with the driving culture! I can't wait to have a backyard!

6:27 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

I've been trying to teach Ava how to swing herself, but she just hasn't gotten it yet. We were able to spend time outside today due to rain and clouds, which was so nice!

8:19 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

I love it when they sing to themselves...even when flying like Superman!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! The things that we do for our kids! I'm glad that you're venturing out on your own!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

How wonderful... and great that ou have a blog to document it... as it goes so fast...
Print this out for his memory book...

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

My 6 year old just finally learned to pump the swing! You are so right, these things take time and you do forget to celebrate :-)

And yes, it does sound like I live in the same place as your sister - SK? - I also lived in Ottawa as a kid.

Thanks for stopping by my site!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

LMAO! I loved the way they used the swing here. AND HE"S PUMPING My guy won't do it he uses it as an excuse to go really high and to have me play with him. LOL! Of course he always tries this at supper time.

Great shots as usual!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home