Monday, July 23, 2007

Through the Eyes of our Kids

What a great and fabulous weekend!! The weather was back to normal, not a cloud in the sky. And my Sister-in-Law made her first visit here from Vancouver in almost 5 years! We did see her in Vancouver 3.5 years ago but that was the last time. Hubby was quite happy that his Sister finally came this way and we had a great day yesterday catching up and watching the kids playing (and yes, kids includes Hubby).


A took the first two photos. He loves photography and wanted to try out the new lens on my camera. He has an SLR of his own, but it was at his Mom's house and it uses film, so he doesn't feel as free to goof around. When I downloaded the photos this morning I had to laugh at the 20 or so photos of the airplanes flying overhead. We live near the airport and he was trying to get cool shots of the planes landing. But truly he just got shots of the planes with a deep blue sky behind them.


He took a few of Hubby and J in the pool (I didn't go in because my SIL didn't want to and A didn't go in because it isn't cool). They were riding around the pool in circles which was rather cute.

The second photo is of one of our dogs, Cosmo. Cosmo is eleven and still such a good looking dog. He isn't as fast as used to be and he is a little jaded by our adding to the family, first with Mickey (our other Dog) and next with J. Just wait until this baby arrives he will really feel put out.




Next we have J's photos . J loves taking photos, I tried to give him my old point and shoot, but he prefers Mommy's good camera. So I put the strap around his neck and hold tight to the back of the strap. He wanted a photo of the slide and the grass, not sure why, but that is what he wanted.

First the slide. Just the end tip as the zoom lens was on and that is as far away as he could get.And second is the grass. Despite my complaining of the rain, it has been a stellar year for our grass. We went from dry brown grass this past spring (normal after winter) to lush full green grass. Probably the lushest we have ever had. We are attributing it to our weed n'feed and the fact that I was still watering even when there was no rain (back in June when it was actually hot and sunny every single day). And yes, the camera was set on auto-focus, but it is fun to see what J comes up with when he takes photos. They are getting more and more creative the more he takes (he just took one of the fireplace a few minutes ago). Maybe we will have a professional photographer in the house yet!




Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Love the grass shot! Sounds like a good weekend...

12:34 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

I love seeing the photos my children take. Sometimes they turn out pretty cool.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you do! I love the artistic angle of the slide photo!

4:26 PM  
Blogger familymclean said...

Cute pics, ha, ha the grass is awesome!
In response to your question, yes I used the Palmers cocoa butter as soon as 'they' appeared and continued using it after till I got the Arbonne. The Palmers made them fade in color really fast.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Those shots are really great - and the grass is amazing! We're having a drought here - our lawn looks like the desert.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't let Makenna near our SLR, but she is quite taken with the preview feature. Whenever I take a picture, she yells LET ME LOOK! like she has final approval or something!

2:11 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

I actually really like the slide shot.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Funny how they always like the good CAMERA! Nathan does that to me too. Drive me insane. there are two things I am very protetvie of my KIDS and my Camera! LMAO!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home