Thursday, August 02, 2007

One word...Hot

What do we do on one of the hottest days of the summer?

We bake chocolate chip cookies that's what. It just worked out nicely to stay inside, do a few chores, make some cookies and have a nap. Once we finished all of that we went in the pool.

I wanted to take a photo of the newest bunny in the neighbourhood, but it got away before I could get my camera out. I know bunnies are cute, but when they eat half your garden and make your dogs crazy, they aren't so much fun. My neighbour is trying to catch them, but he has had no success yet. Will see if he can catch and release them all before winter sets in. Either way I will be wrapping all the plants and shrubs in chicken wire this fall.

Thank you all so much on your wonderful comments on the baby's room. I do love it and have already found and picked up a few more little things to decorate. J was a little sad that Hubby hadn't painted his room yet. And although Hubby wasn't going to do it right now, I reminded him that A's room was painted and the baby's room was painted, it is only fair that J's room gets painted too. When J was born we did A's room too so he wouldn't fell left out. So now, we will paint J's room. Hooray!!! That will leave only our room, the bathrooms and the stairway to paint, this is a huge step. We only finished painting our last house when it was time to sell. My Dad keeps offering, but Hubby wants to do it all.

Now, I am off to have some cookies and head up to bed, to read of course before falling asleep. I won't have much time for reading soon, I need to finish up the last few books on my nightstand.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger 180360 said...

I long for the days when I can read a book again!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, enjoy those peaceful moments while you can. Soon your home will be filled with a bundle of joy!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Sounds like a great day, and the baby's room looks fantastic. Great colour selection :-)

6:55 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

yummmmmmmmm. those choc chip cookies sound deeee-lish!!!!!!!! X

1:11 AM  
Blogger Suzie said...

catch the poor bunnies? i have a few that live in my neck of the woods and hope the panthers and gaters don't eat them....

4:24 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

Glad everybody is getting some new paint!

Our place came painted. So, one by one, we are replacing the paint with colors that we like. There isn't much incentive since the walls are already done, but someday....

What color will J want?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

:) Happy reading!

Too bad some animals can be so destructive (like eating veggies in the garden). Bunnies are soooooo cute! It's the same with the deer here! I think they are sooooooo beautiful, but they eat all of Hubby's crops! :(

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home