Thursday, August 09, 2007

Ready... Set... Go...

I asked my Mom to come over and give my bedroom a good cleaning. Why you ask? Good question. You see we are planning a home birth. We did it for J and it was a wonderful experience so if all proceeds well we are doing it again.

When I was pregnant with J I was able to continue cleaning right up until labour started. This time around not so much. It all started a week before our vacation to the beach. I was doing my vacuuming, something I love to do because it completes the cleaning process, and I got a stitch in my side. I thought it was contractions so I stopped, waited 15 minutes and proceeded to finish. Well, the stitch came back. And anytime I walk too far, excercise too much or vacuum, I get a stitch. A very painful stitch. So, my cleaning has been limited.


When J arrived the entire house was spic and span, except our bedroom. That was the last room I needed to clean and vacuum and somehow in my two days of labour Hubby neglected to notice the fine layer of fur on the floor (the dogs were shedding). One of my midwifes sat in the fur on the floor waiting for J to arrive. I was devistated. One of the first things Hubby did after J's arrival was vacuum the bedroom.


This time around I did not want anybody sitting in fur, so I asked Mom to come and give the room a good once over. Well. She did more than just a once over. I never thought it was possible to clean a bedroom and bathroom for three hours. Yes, you heard me, three hours folks! She washed curtains, baseboards, knick knacks. Dusted books, put stuff away, cleaned windows. It was truly more than I asked for. I just wanted to know the room was clean and that a good vacuuming between now and when my labour starts would bring it up to speed.


I have never not wanted to sleep in my own room before. I didn't want to mess it up. And Hubby in the bathroom this morning. I had to go around after him and wipe up the sink and counters.


So, Mom, even though you have no idea how to get onto the internet and chances that you even know this blog exists are slim, I wanted to let the world know how grateful I am that you are my Mom. Thank you so much for cleaning our room and getting it ready for our newest arrival. I am sure the midwives will appreciate it and I know for sure that both Hubby and I do.


Thanks Mom.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent, oh, three hours in labor pain because Paige decided that she wasn't going to wait four more days for her scheduled c-section. I was a quivering mess.

I have all the admiration in the world for you (and others) who birth your children naturally with no pain medication.

I hope you have another positive, home-birthing experience with your new girl! Just a couple more weeks (hopefully sooner, maybe?)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Mom's are the best! So glad you room is nice and spiffy for you new baby's arrival :-)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

My Mom could never clean like that. Your very lucky! Honestly. I've never seen my mom clean like that.

Now all we have to do is wait for that wee bundle of JOY!

hugs

7:20 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

Big hugs for your mom! She rocks! And I am really having a hard time believing that it has been 9 months already. Although I am sure you don't :-)!

10:10 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

what a wonderful mommy.
and *you*!!!!!!!!!!! are the nesting queen. it's gonna happen oh so soon....
wishing you a wonderful Birth-Day!!! X

12:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That's really cool! You've got a great mommy too, btw!

PS. I just had to check your blog tonight because I was curious to see if the new addition to your family has arrived! :) Bet everyone's super excited!!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home