Friday, August 10, 2007

BLogher Ads and other Bloggy Stuff

I finally decided to join the ranks of advertising. I hope none of you mind. I specifically chose Blogher because I find their ads tasteful and not too intrusive.

So, why did I decide to run ads? Yet another good question. I have wanting to migrate to my own domain for a long time now, so I decided that now was the time. At somepoint in the next few weeks, not only will I give birth to a new baby, but to a new website. Great timing, eh? I guess I just love a challenge. So, I signed up with Blogher Ads in order to help pay for the hosting costs of my site. Since I am a SAHM and won't be bringing much income in with a new baby, I thought this would be a good way to justify my own site.

The content will be the same, well, hopefully even better, and I hope to have more control over my pages. Stay tuned through the move, hopefully it will be easier than when I moved my house two years ago!

Now this has happened twice ... Blogger says it published my post, but alas it doesn't appear...

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Good luck with the move, I am not ready to leave the security of blogger just yet so kudos to you for being adventurous!

Oh and for doing it at the same time as you babino is expected ;-)

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work! I'm all for BlogHer ads, so long as they stop running the "Win a Free Trip to BlogHer with ScrapBlog!" ads ;) Those drove me crazy, especially after DutchBlitz didn't win :(

1:07 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

Been thinking of doing the same. Thanks for giving me an example of how it's going in the ad world.

Yes, taking care of this now is a good idea. You will be busy soon, huh?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

I was wondering about this too; will be interesting to see how it goes for you. Good luck with the move, and the baby!!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

Hey! I moved my site from one server to another server the week BB was born too! Long live challenges. It was crazy but not much crazier are than things are now. You'll love the new space though. Blogger has been taking a crap lately.

10:01 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

Just have the baby already, would ya?? Then worry about birthing a new website later...you know, when baby is on perfect napping schedule. RIGHT??? (wink)

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to BlogHer Ads. I love being a part of this campaign. Good luck.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home