Thursday, August 30, 2007

No Mood I Tell Ya

So, yesterday. I was so bummed out that after drinking half a bottle of castor oil and eagerly awaiting cramps and contractions I got nothing. NOTHING! Ok, so I got about twenty trips to the bathroom and a good colon cleansing, but seriously. Not a cramp to even make me think things might be working. I have exhausted all the possibilities to get things going, but apparently my little girl is being stubborn and just doesn't want to meet everyone yet.

On the good side, my FIL is having a blast entertaining J, they went to the park for an hour and a half yesterday! I am lucky to get twenty minutes at the park, hence the park in our backyard. Then they went to Tim Horton's for coffee, then Mickey Donalds for lunch. I tell you J was one treated little guy yesterday. Opa then went to visit his friends for the afternoon and evening, to regain some sanity I am sure. And my Mom who was hanging out with me took over. She was great too. She came to help me out in case I didn't feel well, so she changed the beds, washed the sheets, made some lunch, took me to the store, let me have a nap, all the right things you want your Mom to do. And alas, at suppertime it was just Hubby, J, A and I and well still nothing.

So, that is my update from yesterday. I guess I should try to forget that I am indeed pregnant and now overdue (my FIL tried to tell me that the due date was wrong, I laughed and said that when you have IVF, you can't have a wrong due date. He doesn't get it.). I can't wait until I can finally give you all a good post that at least says I am in labour, even if it lasts three days like it did for J.

12 Comments:

Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Hope that baby comes tout suite! I can't wait to meet her.

Here's crossing my fingers for ya.
Hugs

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, all of us anonymous blog people are thinking of you! And I'm still sending you good vibes!

Best of luck! I hope it happens soon...

10:08 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

I don't know how many times I can say "hang in there", but I hope you can maintain some sort of sanity throughout all of this!

:)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know this may not make you feel any better, but my nephew came 11 days late. Yes, ELEVEN days late!

Thinking of ya and don't worry, the little princess will make her big appearance soon! She can't stay in there forever! ;)

11:26 AM  
Blogger nancy said...

You certainly have a little Diva in training, that's for sure.

1:34 PM  
Blogger chichimama said...

I was really hoping when you didn't post this morning....

4:18 PM  
Blogger 180360 said...

HAHA- I like the bit about the colon cleansing. Not so haha that you still haven't given birth. Just keep busy or actually you should just sleep, sleep, sleep and enjoy the last few moments of only having 1 child.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Well, I guess a good cleansing never hurt anyone... hang in there. She HAS to come out sooner or later... hopefully sooner and on my end I will focus on you NOT having 3 days of labour.

THAT I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and I like you :-)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Karen MEG said...

Ahhhhh!! She's still making you WAIT! I thought the castor oil would do it!
That's funny about the due date comment. We had treatment for both kids, so knew to the day, but both were born pretty darn early, so a lot of people also thought I had the due date wrong.
Keeping my fingers crossed that she hurries up and gets here already!!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J's delivery took 3 DAYS? OMG!

2:30 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

I knew you were about to pop! Any day now!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your posts.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics?
Appreciate it!

Take a look at my web site weightloss shakes

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home